Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
Well--after much messing about and a bit of help from Deejayuu getting a seized pin and 2 grub screws out, I managed (touch wood) to get 3 pistols working out of the bits that you and Chris Hough (Hwvixen) sent me.
After the barrels on 2 of them were unscrewed, they needed filing to go back in line. One needed it off the breech end of the barrel as it was sticking into the loading tap bay and stopping the tap from closing and the other off the shoulder just after the threaded bit. To be fair, a bit of brute force like applied in the factory would have gotten this one to line up. Then I had to pick the rubbing pad out of the cocking arms use a bit of epoxy in the holes and reset them a bit proud as they had worn right down. After that it was trying to get the pistols to cock with both sets of springs and both sear plungers. It turns out that one of the inners was binding on the guide and locking the outer. After that it was trying various springs in the plungers to get the guns so they would cock. I think as the guns were put together from stripped down (maybe they were stripped becasue they were broken) and mixed bits, they had to be hand fettled to get the right bits. I think if I stripped the 3 pistols and threw the bits in a bag, it would take a bit of luck and a lot of time to get the right bits together again----AND that is without the leftover bits that are in another bag.
I DO NOT WANT TO SEE A PILE OF RELUM UNDERLEVER PISTOLS AGAIN!

Sounds like major expletives were muchly used Guy

Did you ever sort the little Tell 2?

John