Thread: Easyjet refuse Airrifle shooters for not having license...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1952paul0 View Post
    This is a problem caused by someone not taking or being given proper guidance from their managers. the hoops i had to jump throughb this morn at the post office sendind a co2 pistol rmsd. I`m reaqly getting pi***d off with all this crap. atb., Paul
    This is it.

I have exported airguns more times than I care to count, and each time I get to the airport it's different, generally because the check in staff and their immediate superiors have no (or little) idea.

I am used to tactfully directing proceedings myself now, but I have little doubt that on a few occasions anyone who was doing this the first time or did not have the confidence to do as I do, would have had serious problems.

I have even had firearm related items returned safely to me by the police firearms unit after they were confiscated for destruction on no valid basis at all, off a relative who I foolishly asked to do me a favour by carrying some stuff for me.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    This is it.

I have exported airguns more times than I care to count, and each time I get to the airport it's different, generally because the check in staff and their immediate superiors have no (or little) idea.

I am used to tactfully directing proceedings myself now, but I have little doubt that on a few occasions anyone who was doing this the first time or did not have the confidence to do as I do, would have had serious problems.

I have even had firearm related items returned safely to me by the police firearms unit after they were confiscated for destruction on no valid basis at all, off a relative who I foolishly asked to do me a favour by carrying some stuff for me.
    " Have you been given or are you carrying anything on behalf of anyone else?"

"Er - yes, I'm carrying a gun for my relative."

"Walk this way sir...."
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    " Have you been given or are you carrying anything on behalf of anyone else?"

"Er - yes, I'm carrying a gun for my relative."

"Walk this way sir...."
    Ummm well actually it was not a gun (ammo components) but it's quite irrelevant who was doing the carrying, if it was (and still is) perfectly legal to do so, and the airline has no problem (both boxes ticked) then the police who did the confiscating also with a view to destroy were completely out of order, and were it not for a couple of phonecalls and follow up emails from me putting them straight, the items, a few hundred pounds worth, would have been destroyed, no doubt.

They later simply returned them without comment, and I later took them out of the country via the exact same route, 100% declared.

That's my point, if even the police (firearms officers no less) have no idea, then what chance have you with a check-in clerk? You need to have all your answers ready and to put it bluntly show them who is in charge. Even simple stuff like referring to air rifles, pistols or whatever, as "pellet guns" rather than "-rifles" or "-pistols" makes a hell of a difference as to whether you just get sent to baggage pre-screening or you get a full complement of kevlar-clad glocked-up firearms rapid response officers - been there, done that, too.

I have taken out up to 12 guns at once in my luggage and never had a major problem, but I have known people to attempt to export just a couple, same airport, same airline, same procedure, and fail.

It's not right that someone should be penalised not for doing any wrong but just because of others' incompetence, but that's the way it is right now.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS