Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
Here out of interest is a picture of my Webley oil can collection in order of appearance starting with the pre-war can and ending with the final 1960s reversable spout variant. There was an earlier pre-war can and a glass bottle both of which are so rare that finding one would be almost impossible. My interest in all things Webley ended after anything later than the 1960s so, the plastic bottle oil dispensers won't be joining the collection.
The pre-war can was by far the hardest to find and eventually bought from a fellow collector for around £250 many years ago. The first post-war can was acquired as a sweetener to the sale of a Certus air pistol, so I can't really quote the actual cost. I remember paying £150 for the second series can, but admittedly this was from a dealer. The final and rarest of the 1960s cans came from a generous bbs forum member who only wanted £100 and also included some paperwork and pellets.
I can see why most collectors would probably prefer to spend their hard earned money on air guns rather than accessories but, when your interest extends to things which require less space to store or adding period accessories etc to cased air gun sets it becomes a bit easier to justify.

Brian
Tim dyson had a boxed webley senior for sale with a full glass webley oil bottle with it a couple of months ago