Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simmo

Simmo

On your scorecard you are meant to mark down if you have IR switched on or off.If you mark your card that the IR is on and it then switches off, you must turn it back on before you take a shot.I would suggest that you tell your shooting partners that the IR has turned off and that you are switching it back on. Just in case someone sees you messing with your scope.Gary (UKAHFT chief marshal)........this an answer i recieved from Gary on the stb so i think i will be turning it back on from now mate.lets face it andy mate you cant know everything can ya lolRikki
    Never pull the trigger unless you know
    you are going to hit what you are aiming at.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    True mate I can't but I am this time.

If you touch your scope settings after your first shot in SiHFT you will be disqualified. I will disqualify you. So please feel free to turn your reticle back on and make sure you bring your cheating of the rules to my attention so I can disqualify you.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    I will disqualify you.

Andy
    So There

The Oaks SiHFT Winners 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Oh and the level of illumination also needs to be marked on your card for checking to.

Monkey,
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

I'm not going to bother, you won't intimidate me (That's Garys job)...i was shooting long before you started emptying meters and putting tickets on old peoples cars!..

Might even not fill in my card 'till the end, just incase i need to change something...

Big Bully Boy Simpleton...
    More power to the workers!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Thats alright mate i only shoot for fun, i was just trying to stay within the rules of the ukahft.
    cometition doesn't mean much to me but the rules do.

I asked you your opinion on sunday last because i don't want to be accused of cheating by you or anyone else
    but it seems that i will be if i touch my scope.

RIKKI
    Never pull the trigger unless you know
    you are going to hit what you are aiming at.

this is getting stupid now, we'll need bloody a4 size score cards soon
    not seen any thing about recording your ir setting in any rules
    next he'll be saying I can't have two shots at each target
    Sako A7.270,b14hmr 6.5cm,Weatherby vanguard.223,Browningt-bolt.17hmr,Ruger American.22l,M1903 30/06,Marlin.44 and a fireball throwing m44

I So totally agree!....
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by verminatormjc View Post
    not seen any thing about recording your ir setting in any rules
    Extracted direct from the 2014 UKAHFT rules (in the "Equipment" section) :

" Any traditional type scope and settings can be used. However, zeroing, magnification, dialling and parallax must be set prior to the first shot and left untouched until the course is completed, this includes illuminated reticules which if used must be switched on with the brightness set before the first shot is taken and remain that way without any adjustment or switching throughout the competition. " (I've highlighted the specially relevant bit in red)

This does, of course, pose a problem after we moved into an age where IR settings on some scopes are automatically programmed to switch the IR off after a fixed period of time; the timing of which I do not know but it's almost certainly less than the that taken to complete a typical HFT competition and I also suspect that the user has no control over this.

Interesting. Could someone who starts a course of fire with one of these 'auto' IR scopes on their gun and having noted as such on their score card, be subsequently DQd if a marshal peers through said scope and finds it switched off even though the owner will not have touched the controls??

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

The point is it goes off, so you can't turn it back on.

That is what has been decided by UKAHFT.

Monkey.

SCORING
    Before commencing to shoot the course each competitor must mark their scorecard with the equipment they are using, this information includes :
    · Make & model of rifle.
    · Make & size of scope.
    · Magnification and parallax being used at the event.
    · Intensity setting of illuminated reticule, if switched on
    If a complaint is received, or when checked by a course marshal, it is discovered that scope setting on the card differ from the actual setting the competitor will forfeit their last knockdown, if the shooter re-offends at that competition they will be disqualified.
    Once the first shot has been taken, NO adjustments may be made, in any way, to the rifle, stock or scope.

Monkey.

That was very professional of you Simpleton, not a swear word to be seen neither!

Can i fix my rifle if it breaks, IE is the 2 minute rule still valid?

Well as you know I no longer drink and type.

It is a direct lift from the UKAHFT website.

I think common sense has to come into play as certain aspects of the above rules are not being strictly applied.

Monkey.

See now you just sound like a politician.

so what if my turrets or focus on my sightron move when I get it out of my bag ? Am I disqualified as I have moved them ,I may have shown my shooting partners they were zero-ed or am I then wrong to move them back to where they are supposed to be or should I see if my bag will move them back when it goes back in?.Its not trying to cheat it just trying your best to shoot how you started.
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk