Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
Well Ed, l am a bit like yourself, it is the chase for me trying to find guns that l like that are within my budget. which is the hard part. but l have been lucky in that respect over the years. but also having brainstorms and paying over the odds for some of them. but l am down sizing now and quite a few have now gone. but l do have most of them on display on the walls and in draws, has l do get a lot of enjoyment just looking and handling them. l don't see the point in wraping them up and hiding them away. but each to their own.
I think collectors like you, where the fun of the chase is the main thing, are a fantastic asset to collectors like me. You seek out the rarities with a real vigour, yet at some future date you are happy to let them go. I know I have obtained many choice items for my collection thanks to such collectors, and always at prices well below what dealers ask.

Sad to say, my sort of collecting tends to be one way traffic, and I only let things go if I have more than one example, and then usually only as part of a deal for something else.