Thread: Kempton Classic Photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hot off the press, as the show is still in full swing with bargains to be had; I'd have missed a very rare BSA Club had a fellow collector not pointed it out to me!

A huge thank you once again to Peter and Liz Binfield for making this show happen.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQCU7YBC1FDYqTRY7

John and Jo
    Hi John & Jo, many thanks for the photos. it sounds like most of the buyers and sellers had a good time as usual apart from the BBS member who wanted the M1. l see Mike Sharp had a rare rifle. what was it. and l clocked a Swift on someones table, plus the table with the antique pump up rifles.
    ATB
    Mick.

Oh dear, just flogged a mint one of those M1 Crossmans for £80 to someone at the club on behalf of a friend!
    Amazing what scrap metal goes for nowadays LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi John & Jo, many thanks for the photos. it sounds like most of the buyers and sellers had a good time as usual apart from the BBS member who wanted the M1. l see Mike Sharp had a rare rifle. what was it. and l clocked a Swift on someones table, plus the table with the antique pump up rifles.
    ATB
    Mick.
    Hi Mick,

Well spotted. The rifle Mike was looking at was a Japanese Hiki, which Mike explained dated from before WW2. Although it looks to be of tinplate construction, it's actually solidly made of steel. It created a lot of interest at the fair and I believe the rifle changed hands for around £500. Protek had the antique PCPs and Tim Dyson showed me the Swift. I don't recall its price.

As usual, collectors were spoilt for choice. I found a few items for the collection, which I bought to upgrade existing items, so I will have a few guns for sale (as long as they differ and I don't find some minor differences when photographing them for sale!).

John

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Mick,

Well spotted. The rifle Mike was looking at was a Japanese Hiki, which Mike explained dated from before WW2. Although it looks to be of tinplate construction, it's actually solidly made of steel. It created a lot of interest at the fair and I believe the rifle changed hands for around £500. Protek had the antique PCPs and Tim Dyson showed me the Swift. I don't recall its price.

As usual, collectors were spoilt for choice. I found a few items for the collection, which I bought to upgrade existing items, so I will have a few guns for sale (as long as they differ and I don't find some minor differences when photographing them for sale!).

John
    Hi John, many thanks for the info on Mikes rifle. l thought it was tinplate, he always comes up with something unusual. l am hoping l can get a table at the next fair as l have a few guns which l want to move on. good luck with selling yours.
    Mick.