Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
If it was built as a pistol then no-mater what you do to it (put a stock on it, put a longer barrel on it and up the power) in the eyes of the law it will always be a pistol, so if you get your collar felt by the law then you will be in court facing fire arms offences, (5 years B&B at her magisteys pleasure)
Do your self a favour leave it as a pistol and sell it to get an fn 8 rifle or an fn 12, as you will have to sort out the trigger, the transfer port will have to be altered and at 12 foot pounds you will only get about 10 shots (or less depending on how efficiently you balance the size of the transfer port and the strength of the hammer spring) I know with a fn 19 if you tried to go over about 18 foot pounds with the the stranded transfer port then it uses more air without the power going up (wasting air).
This is always stated about 'once a pistol, always a pistol' but I can't find any official information stating that. Could you link me where it states in the law that that's the case?