Thread: 16th and 17th June 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event And Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I finally managed to get some trigger time in today. It was a well overdue session, as my arm had started playing up on the Tuesday after the last Bash!

My arm was playing up again earlier today, so I thought I'd give it an easy time and get one of the Ratties out. Shot through two CO2 capsules, so about 100 shots. Was grouping okay-ish at times, but a little erratic. Not sure if it's the trigger (fine when just "blatting", not so hot when you're trying to group), the sight picture or the pellets. I thought I'd use some Accupells that I'm unlikely to use in any of the HWs, and seem to remember it shot better when I'd used Hobbies and 'Domes in the past.

After a while I thought my arm wasn't too bad, so I went and grabbed the lovely little HW70 that I acquired from the lovely Bongomeister. Bliss, pure bliss. Using Hobbies, a combination of a wonderfully crisp sight picture, clean breaking and predictable trigger and super-sweet firing cycle made shooting those tight little groups child's play. Love that little pistol!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I finally managed to get some trigger time in today. It was a well overdue session, as my arm had started playing up on the Tuesday after the last Bash!

My arm was playing up again earlier today, so I thought I'd give it an easy time and get one of the Ratties out. Shot through two CO2 capsules, so about 100 shots. Was grouping okay-ish at times, but a little erratic. Not sure if it's the trigger (fine when just "blatting", not so hot when you're trying to group), the sight picture or the pellets. I thought I'd use some Accupells that I'm unlikely to use in any of the HWs, and seem to remember it shot better when I'd used Hobbies and 'Domes in the past.

After a while I thought my arm wasn't too bad, so I went and grabbed the lovely little HW70 that I acquired from the lovely Bongomeister. Bliss, pure bliss. Using Hobbies, a combination of a wonderfully crisp sight picture, clean breaking and predictable trigger and super-sweet firing cycle made shooting those tight little groups child's play. Love that little pistol!
    Sounds like fun Tone That arms a bit of a bugger, a bit like my back. Had a bit of a tweak in the damaged lower spine a few days ago and its properly up the creek now. People seeing me walking must think I've pooped me pants Just got back from the quacks and they reckon its a bulging disc. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH BOING!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Sounds like fun Tone That arms a bit of a bugger, a bit like my back. Had a bit of a tweak in the damaged lower spine a few days ago and its properly up the creek now. People seeing me walking must think I've pooped me pants Just got back from the quacks and they reckon its a bulging disc. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH BOING!!!!!
    It was a nice, relaxing session, Mike.

The arm seems okay-ish again now, cheers, just the ever-present numbness down both arms and feeling like you're constantly being pinged on both funny bones. Been like that ever since that last smash and you sorta get used to it. Whoever called them "funny bones", though? This ain't funny!

Sorry to hear about your back. Bloody horrible. Is it that horrible feeling going right across your lower back that's really debilitating and also making it difficult to breathe properly? I feel for you, matey. Any numbness down the legs?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

The arm seems okay-ish again now, cheers, just the ever-present numbness down both arms and feeling like you're constantly being pinged on both funny bones. Been like that ever since that last smash and you sorta get used to it. Whoever called them "funny bones", though? This ain't funny!

Sorry to hear about your back. Bloody horrible. Is it that horrible feeling going right across your lower back that's really debilitating and also making it difficult to breathe properly? I feel for you, matey. Any numbness down the legs?
    Spazza’s ! Man-Up innit
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Spazza’s ! Man-Up innit
    Actually, Pauly, I'm perfectly fine! Always have been!

I just say it for the sympathy vote!.....

I wish!

Actually, Pauly, I'm perfectly fine! Always have been!

I just say it for the sympathy vote!.....

I wish!
    Ah, ya know me Tone, just messing. I’ve had sciatica/prolapsed disc resulting in surgery so I really can empathise, very painful to say the least.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Ah, ya know me Tone, just messing. I’ve had sciatica/prolapsed disc resulting in surgery so I really can empathise, very painful to say the least.
    Aye, 'tis a bugger for sure, Pauly.

And I knew you was just jesting, matey.....life's too short to be serious....especially when you see some of the really crap things that some have to endure.

Anyway, I see that your avatar has reverted back (about a week ago?).....,,,,but are you still boasting that "giant sized member"?????

Its weird about the numbness thing. I haven't got a numb leg but my left butt cheek is dead and it is the lower back. MRI report says i'm old before my time

Its weird about the numbness thing. I haven't got a numb leg but my left butt cheek is dead and it is the lower back. MRI report says i'm old before my time
    I’d give the next Bash a miss mate if your advertising that your bum’s numb

Mine often goes, Mike. Last year when it went big time (a week after the April Bash) it was bloody agony. One day one of my bike customers came in with his wife who happens to be a GP. When I was explaining to her about my four shot discs she told me that it's actually quite normal () for people over 35 to have disc problems, due to wear and tear etc. It's just that when you've had lots of grief with it and then an MRI you're aware of it.

So, not old before your time, just normal.

Oh, and yes, the lady GP is a very fit young lady and could give me a going over anytime! Fnar, fnar!

Mine often goes, Mike. Last year when it went big time (a week after the April Bash) it was bloody agony. One day one of my bike customers came in with his wife who happens to be a GP. When I was explaining to her about my four shot discs she told me that it's actually quite normal () for people over 35 to have disc problems, due to wear and tear etc. It's just that when you've had lots of grief with it and then an MRI you're aware of it.

So, not old before your time, just normal.

Oh, and yes, the lady GP is a very fit young lady and could give me a going over anytime! Fnar, fnar!
    Your bang on with the age there Tone. My doc said exactly the same thing today when I went in for a repeat prescription. Now sitting here chilling with Cocodamol, Naproxin and Diazepam. Almost as good as being pissed

Your bang on with the age there Tone. My doc said exactly the same thing today when I went in for a repeat prescription. Now sitting here chilling with Cocodamol, Naproxin and Diazepam. Almost as good as being pissed
    Judging by how well that gin worked last week, Mike, think I'd rather be getting hammered than taking that lot.

It seems us lot have more in common than just springers. 3 years ago I was digging my patio up and picked up a lump of concrete that was about 200wt to throw it in the skip and thought nothing of it at the time but 3 days later I woke up with an aching back so I had a nice hot bath, I later went into my bedroom to get dressed and that was me off work for 3 months and not being able to walk more than 10 yds for 2 months. They were going to operate but the improvement between 6 and 8 weeks swung it to carry on with the physiotherapy. The mri scan shown the disc to have prolapsed and it must have been pinched by the vertebrates as half of it had cut away and was leaning on my spinal chord. I was told that the disc that had come away would eventually disintegrate. I still have trouble with it but on the whole I'm ok even though I think my days of triple jump are over.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    It seems us lot have more in common than just springers. 3 years ago I was digging my patio up and picked up a lump of concrete that was about 200wt to throw it in the skip and thought nothing of it at the time but 3 days later I woke up with an aching back so I had a nice hot bath, I later went into my bedroom to get dressed and that was me off work for 3 months and not being able to walk more than 10 yds for 2 months. They were going to operate but the improvement between 6 and 8 weeks swung it to carry on with the physiotherapy. The mri scan shown the disc to have prolapsed and it must have been pinched by the vertebrates as half of it had cut away and was leaning on my spinal chord. I was told that the disc that had come away would eventually disintegrate. I still have trouble with it but on the whole I'm ok even though I think my days of triple jump are over.
    Its amazing how easily it can happen. They reckon my arthritis began with a snowboarding injury to the lower spine but also had back problems prior to this possibly triggered by playing golf. I can be moving ok, get a sharp shock like pain in my lower back, the muscle goes into spasm and I end up either hunched forward or to the left. Its been pretty bad today which has slowed the work down somewhat.

Its amazing how easily it can happen. They reckon my arthritis began with a snowboarding injury to the lower spine but also had back problems prior to this possibly triggered by playing golf. I can be moving ok, get a sharp shock like pain in my lower back, the muscle goes into spasm and I end up either hunched forward or to the left. Its been pretty bad today which has slowed the work down somewhat.
    Hang on in there, fellow "Glass Back Peeps"; salvation is at hand.

Now, I wasn't going to divulge any details of this just yet, but clinical trials of a new invention of mine have nearly reached a conclusion, with the results most encouraging...

The mighty BOING has come to rid us of all our pain and suffering. The system comprises of a strong yet flexible mainspring as the backbone with specially formulated Delrin disc replacements. Plus one other space age material, but I'm not at liberty to divulge any details of this soon to be patented wonder material.

Until its release, however, Doctor Zededius of Connetacult University has also formulated a stop gap back tuning wonder elixir. One hundred parts cod liver oil to seven parts fine grade moly powder again allied to a special and most top secret wonder ingredient. Taken orally once a day and gives effective relief, this will keep the pain and further degradation at bay until the new Boinger Back system can be made available with the permanent fix.

'Tis the power of The Boing!

And don't forget where you heard it first.