Thread: MPL 2019 Spring/Summer Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks i will enter in the new year, thinking about entering the pistol this time as well.

Merry Christmas & a happy new year to all

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Thanks i will enter in the new year, thinking about entering the pistol this time as well.

Merry Christmas & a happy new year to all

Thanks for your support Rob - it will be good to have you shooting with us in the MPL again next year!

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Why not have a PCP round, so the MPL is more inclusive to those that have this type of weapon?
    After all, PCP's form 99% of what's in the shops to buy these days.
    The MPL seems like a good solid BBS accessible comp and the inclusion of PCP rounds may attract more shooters (money)?
    I know it's all about muscle power, but surely a PCP section wouldn't hurt?
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 24-12-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    Why not have a PCP round, so the MPL is more inclusive to those that have this type of weapon?
    After all, PCP's form 99% of what's in the shops to buy these days.
    The MPL seems like a good solid BBS accessible comp and the inclusion of PCP rounds may attract more shooters (money)?
    The supported rifle allows the use of PCP's.

The unsupported rifle and pistol does not, and I'm guessing that is where most people would want to shoot?

What are you going to call it then as it can't be the mpl anymore ?, why not just start one to run along side it instead of adding on, then we will need one for 22 shooters as they are currently excluded, then scope users....

MPL keeps it simple lets leave it that way

Rob

We did try a season where we had a PCP class and believe it or not - it was not that popular and was not worth the extra time and effort that we put in to promote it and cater for it.

The main reason was that 10 meters is seen as the distance to shoot PCP pistols and rifles whereas the old classic British distance was 6 yards and suited spring powered and SSP pistols and rifles where the “classics" could shoot alongside their more recent counterparts.

We dropped the PCP class the following season - and nobody missed it - so we never offered a PCP class in the MPL again as it did not work.

Including PCP in the supported classes made sense as they shot the same as any other recoiless air pistol or rifle, but I hope that the + 3 point bonus per target will also encourage the classics and kickers to get involved in this class too.

Merry Christmas to all MPL shooters and future MPL pistol shooters !
    Last edited by zooma; 27-12-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.