Thread: Reloading Kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Think if i was going the 4 turret way I would prefer the the classic one

Quote Originally Posted by blueheckle View Post
    Think if i was going the 4 turret way I would prefer the the classic one
    I seriously wouldn't bother with a turret press. Unless your churning out hundreds of rounds you don't need it plus you'll be wanting to weigh each load to start off with.
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    I seriously wouldn't bother with a turret press. Unless your churning out hundreds of rounds you don't need it plus you'll be wanting to weigh each load to start off with.
    yea I have had second thought going with the classic cast breech lock single press tks

reloading

i bought a second hand Lee progressive 1000 press, its an older model with only 3 holes in it but i have 3 of the mounting plates, one is fitted with the decap/resize die (as i prefer to decap then polish) and the other 2 with .38 & 357 dies and powder measures, i bought a s/h lee classic cast to reload .308/7.62 again the only thing i bought new was the case trimmer.
    So far i think the Lee products are great for what they are, if you want to go down the precision reloading/shooting shooting then the sky's the limit.
    Good luck and as always just ask on here as the guys are great and helped me loads (no pun intended) when i first started.
    aquarius11
    One Shot = One Kill

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius11 View Post
    i bought a second hand Lee progressive 1000 press, its an older model with only 3 holes in it but i have 3 of the mounting plates, one is fitted with the decap/resize die (as i prefer to decap then polish) and the other 2 with .38 & 357 dies and powder measures, i bought a s/h lee classic cast to reload .308/7.62 again the only thing i bought new was the case trimmer.
    So far i think the Lee products are great for what they are, if you want to go down the precision reloading/shooting shooting then the sky's the limit.
    Good luck and as always just ask on here as the guys are great and helped me loads (no pun intended) when i first started.
    aquarius11
    thanks for the info its the lee classic cast bushing one iam thinking of getting

Dont think you could go far wrong with it. Have a look at the link, just add dies, CDSG ltd are good people as well if you want new. atb
    https://www./itm/Lee-50th-Aniversary...UAAOSwfoNaay9E
    One Shot = One Kill

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    I have never used a Lee press, reports vary but by and large they seem to do a good job.

What I would say is to stick with a normal single stage press and a hand primer. I load rounds by the hundred for CSR and still use a single stage Forster press. Sure it takes a bit longer but I handle each case and I KNOW it is properly aligned. Each round is handled and any nasties spotted.

I know people operating multi stage and automated presses such as the Dillon series and they need a lot of setting up.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know