Thread: Bushnell Elite 6500 Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    Good review Dave. I am liking the sound of the high mag 6500
    Thanks Paul, as it get's used more I will post onto this thread. Will be interesting to see what the powder burners think on this range of scopes as in the states they have had rave reviews when used on centerfire and rimfire rifles

Dave

Paul. is offline Drinks rum like a Fella.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave D View Post
    Thanks Paul, as it get's used more I will post onto this thread. Will be interesting to see what the powder burners think on this range of scopes as in the states they have had rave reviews when used on centerfire and rimfire rifles

Dave
    You have certainly wetted my appetite for one Dave, please keep your thoughts coming.
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

https://i.imgflip.com/16hkwb.jpg

Dave.
    Have you noticed any zero shift from the lowest to the highest mag on the scope?
    Only reason I ask is that it was something I started to find on the 4200 series scopes.

Will let you know later as I am going to do some long range shooting indoors tonight.

The mill-dots are in the second focal plane, so as the mag increases the aim points do alter ( but you knew that anyway)

I will check zero at 35 yds and turn the mag right up to check to see if it moves. When I first zeroed it i did turn the mag right up and didn't notice it then.

When I had a 4200 never noticed a zero shift, except for the adjustment on the aiming points for using a higher or lower mag.

Thanks

Dave
    Last edited by Dave D; 11-08-2008 at 04:22 PM.

sounds like a nice scope dave. i really liked the 4200 i had but just wasnt a fan of the mildot.

but for glass i found it one of the best scopes i have seen. very clear the 4.5x30x50 6500 has some cracking reports so i have been looking on the net. im sure there have a good amount of fans over here when they hit our shores

Always bought Bush elite's and quite interested in the 6200. do you know if they offer a variant with the same turretts as the 3200 10x40, I think they are call target/sniper

Thanks,

Si

Did some indoor shooting tonight up to 100 yds, scope performed very very well, no loss of zero from cross hair when moving through the mag range.

Si, I don't think bushnell offer the target turret option you want on the 6500 but I am sure that there are plenty of people on here that could make some or maybe stoney point make some I will investigate further

Thanks

Dave