Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammerli AR20FT

"I'm not running the AR20's at all, as I've said before I quite like them but there's no denying they're built to a price, same as S200's and a few others. That's my only observation." Hmmm nice observation Ryan ??

I am running an AR20, as I have said before I really like it...
    No denying it's built to a price (around £640) including :
    Walther Barrel
    Walther Trigger
    Walther Air Cylinder
    Walther Regulator
    Free Scope rail
    Free Hamster
    Free adjustable Butt
    Free adjustment spacers for the hamster and butt length

Very, very accurate
    see earlier post's from:
    globalstar66,
    steve460 with my AR20 FT,
    gunner1 Personal Best FT course score...

Yes they certainly are built to a price and guess what...

"IT'S THE BEST BARGAIN YOU COULD EVER HOPE TO FIND"
    Last edited by beatman; 02-08-2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: ANY USER COMMENTS OUT THERE ....???
    DAYSTATE GREY SHADOW No8.... WooHoo

Yes they have all the trimmings, but it's not a dommi reg for a start, walther yes dommi no. Over all it's a good value for money rifle (especially from BAR, £599 including a 8-32x56 scope) the front weight issue is easy to resolve by fitting more weight at the back. I do agree with Ryan about made to a price, to be able to fit Walther bells and wistles the action and for end ar'nt as "finished" as more expensive rifles but still excellent overall. RT
    FX Streamline STX/Aeron. MTC Connect 3-12x24 SCB

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    It's the greatest and bestest thing ever, certain to win the Worlds in Hungary. Umerex make much better guns than anyone else and the visionaries that bought them should make the honours list.

Whether my observation is nice or not is irrelevant Mr Beatman. You asked for input/feedback from users with a decent pedigree. I don't do too badly at village plinking comps and have experience with these guns. Because I take a less excitable approach to something doesn't make it wrong, just different to your way.

The last I heard from someone in Walther they didn't know what reg it had in it, but guessed at the Umerex made 1250. As for the barrels, most guns have Lothar Walther barrels on, for a very good reason.

I'll repeat myself once more for the defensive mob s l o w l y. I really hope they continue to perform well and prove themselves year after year. They're a great way into target shooting for not a lot of dosh.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    It's the greatest and bestest thing ever, certain to win the Worlds in Hungary. Umerex make much better guns than anyone else and the visionaries that bought them should make the honours list.

Whether my observation is nice or not is irrelevant Mr Beatman. You asked for input/feedback from users with a decent pedigree. I don't do too badly at village plinking comps and have experience with these guns. Because I take a less excitable approach to something doesn't make it wrong, just different to your way.

The last I heard from someone in Walther they didn't know what reg it had in it, but guessed at the Umerex made 1250. As for the barrels, most guns have Lothar Walther barrels on, for a very good reason.

I'll repeat myself once more for the defensive mob s l o w l y. I really hope they continue to perform well and prove themselves year after year. They're a great way into target shooting for not a lot of dosh.
    LOL

(you seen the LG400 yet? )

Hi there Mark...

Has anyone actually purchased an AR20FT 177 with scope from BAR @£599 ?

They don't have stock whenever I check.

It's easy to advertise the lowest price/deal to get the business talked about...
    When they don't have any to sell.

If they are actually selling this combo they will have a queue at their door.

I may be wrong (unlike some I can be) but the AR20FT were not being sold with the Walther scope in the UK. Initially it was going to be, but at a price point of around £799... then very wisely I think, they dropped the scope and the price... creating the massive demand there is right now.

If anyone can shed light on this.. feel free

By the way Mark,
    I never mentioned Dommi, however the AR20 FT performs just as good and some may say even better than one. (see globalstar66 post)

ATB

Ryan,
    It's good to see you have a great sense of humor...

you can drop the Mr. it's just Ron, pleased to make your acquaintance.

ATB

PS You've got me thinking now... (makes a change I know)
    If (cough choke) an Hammerli AR20FT won The World's would it become a Walther AR20 FT ?
    Last edited by beatman; 02-08-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: I think Ryan's answer will be "We will never know"

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by beatman View Post
    Ryan,
    It's good to see you have a great sense of humor...

you can drop the Mr. it's just Ron, pleased to make your acquaintance.

ATB

PS You've got me thinking now... (makes a change I know)
    If (cough choke) an Hammerli AR20FT won The World's would it become a Walther AR20 FT ?
    It'll stay a Hammerli, the model will change to "Beatmans Bestest Gun" and the shooter will become a German Knight.

Why would Umerex want it become a Walther? The German Shooting Federation have already approved it for beginners in it's current guise.

Before you have any more sly digs, please show me where I've been wrong? Or is it because I have a different point of view to yours? Will you be at Redfearns on the 15th, I'm sure we could have a good chat around the course and over a brew? You do realise we actually agree.
    Last edited by Charlts; 03-08-2010 at 05:38 AM.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by beatman View Post
    [B]I am running an AR20, as I have said before I really like it...
    No denying it's built to a price (around £640) including :
    Walther Barrel
    Walther Trigger
    Walther Air Cylinder
    Walther Regulator
    Free Scope rail
    Free Hamster
    Free adjustable Butt
    Free adjustment spacers for the hamster and butt length
    There's no doubt that the AR20 will have plenty of fans mainly due to the adjustments available allowing it to be easily set up for FT or HFT, personally I think the build quality of the action & trigger is very poor, well below say an S400. However as long as there are no major problems with this build quality further down the line I can see the AR20 becoming a firm favourite for Starters & people wanting a cheap platform for modification.

I'm not sure where all the FREE stuff comes in as you are paying for it in the price, it would be like JSB selling pellet tins for £10 each with 500 free pellets included

As to suggesting one is better than an LG300 well that may be right for that particular person or those particular rifles, I've shot S400's that group just as well as my Walthers.

I think Umarex have been very clever branding this rifle with the Hammerli & Walther name, they failed when they originally rebranded the Airmagnum as people knew of it's previous incarnation, I wonder how many shooters would have given the AR20 a second look if it only had the umarex name on there.

I think firms like AirArms are onto a loser against the AR20 mainly due to the stock configuration although I'd be interested to see an S400 in a similar stock

Palmanda is offline I just keep falling for it!!
    I guess time will tell on the build quality but for the money it looks like a good starter/Intermediate FT rifle to me

and the price is definitely right

Quote Originally Posted by Palmanda View Post
    I guess time will tell on the build quality but for the money it looks like a good starter/Intermediate FT rifle to me

and the price is definitely right
    Definitely

So far the only thing that is right is the price.

Only time will tell if anything else is right. Has it won anything, will it ?

I like the look of the rifle and would certainly consider getting one should I need another rifle of that type. It looks great value for money but up to now that's all. I hope it does well as it's certainly pitched right.
    Time will tell us who's right throughout this thread.

As far as I know BAR has not yet received their delivery of .177's so that's why the site says "out of stock". If they are selling them at £599 with scope it could make some look a bit silly

ATB
    Ray.

Ar20

The old saying you get what you pay for, may or may not be right here,one thing for certain it seems a good price, is accurate from peoples reports, but so are all my rapids capable of singe hole at 45 yards on still day in the right hands. Most decent air rifles with good barrels are. The issue here is its not everyones cup off tea, no its not a walther steyr etc as it does not have the huge ammount of money and R&D put in to it and you will always have the people with money, that can afford the top notch equipment that will look down and say its cheap etc etc. But this does not make it worse or better than someone that can afford a fancy name. My point is a range rover sport is a four wheel drive so is a Tata both have four wheels etc etc both are vehicles just Both do a job off getting the occupants from A to B one better than the other. The AR20 is a bargain entry level piece of kit and i think it will stir up the other manufactures that have held top place, but it will be all down to supply and demand. My choice would be buy an AR20 and have it fettled. which most people do to their rifles anyway whatever the make. But if i could afford one another child on way i would opt for a new ISP airstream made and built in this country awesome

"Before you have any more sly digs, please show me where I've been wrong? Or is it because I have a different point of view to yours? Will you be at Redfearns on the 15th, I'm sure we could have a good chat around the course and over a brew? You do realise we actually agree. "

Ryan,
    First of all an apology if you think I was having sly dig's, it's just positive banter.
    Nothing personal, I was being sincere when I said I was pleased to make your acquaintance... We were both talking the product up from different perspectives that's all.
    It's given this thread some life and kept it entertaining while being able to pull more comments from readers.
    I like your sense of humor and I'll bet you can teach me a thing or two on the FT course at Redfearns.. I am a member there and would enjoy a round and a brew.. so 15th about 11:30 would be OK with me.

ATB

Ron

I suppose after all this I had better shoot the AR20... so I'm going to go get some practice in.. I think I'm going to need it....

Stuart LG400 looks nice, Beatman this would make a good FT rifle upgraded to
    12lbft IMO?