Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experience with the Combro CB625 Chronograph Mk IV?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Had one of the Mk4 for years, also got a mark 2, readings are within a few fps of the ProChrono I have (but which is right?)
    Very true .....which is right!? ....... I suppose as long as you've a 2fps buffer of the legal limit then all is well. The Combro is in the basket

My Combro is one of my favourite shooting toys (but I am a sad git)
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I've had one for about 4 years and Chrono'd dozens of guns with it - and never shot it! Amazing what a bit of care can do!

I've been looking at several Chronos lately just as a bit of an interest and for £50 it's hard to beat these, and the customer service is excellent.

I lso bought the cable and software to put on an android phone, so I can get full print outs, graphs and chrono strings.

Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by mrben2475 View Post
    Very true .....which is right!? ....... I suppose as long as you've a 2fps buffer of the legal limit then all is well. The Combro is in the basket
    I tend to run with a few more than 2 fps to 'play' with before the 11.9999999, typically, I tend to tune to 11.6 at the most - the stuff I shoot don't complain - I've never heard of tin chickens & paper putting up a shout anyway

combro

Hi bud,
    ive had my combro for a few years now,works great but make sure the 4 x batteries are good,you don't tilt the gun and its better in natural light,cheers Marky

The combro is excellent and does not suffer the same light issues as.a.lot.of pro chronos as it is breaking an infra red beam. These can be replaced. Robin Hewitt will also do a little insert that means you dont have to press reset each time. Handy.
    Get the bore alignment tube .... safest way to use.
    It isnt so keen on spring guns...but on PCPs its blindingly good.
    You are confusing FPS with FPE. The gun should be set up to run at about 11.5 FPE but the true level is down to you. Bear in mind that the pellet weight and even things like head size CAN affect the power output between ultra lite and ultra heavy.
    The Combro is good but its pretty much limited to pcp airguns imho. But it fits into a pocket and can be taken anywhere.
    Thoroughly recommend Combro
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Wouldn't be without one. All springers here.

Works fine with CO2 as well- just pop a bit of paper between muzzle and Combro if you haven't got a mod on the gun

Thank you all for such fantastic feedback! . seems very conclusive that the Combro is a great device

It'll be PCP usage for me with moderator. I'm guessing the best, most secure way to attach it is via cable ties?

That's what I do (cable ties).

I have also used it with various springer (don't own PCP's) and all are fine with it.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Quote Originally Posted by mrben2475 View Post
    Thank you all for such fantastic feedback! . seems very conclusive that the Combro is a great device

It'll be PCP usage for me with moderator. I'm guessing the best, most secure way to attach it is via cable ties?
    You can get Velcro cable ties now. They are reusable. Only need 2 and your away. I use on springers and pcp.
    HW50 Stainless, HW77k SE Forest Laminate.20, HW80 Project .22, HW100 laminate . 177,

Another vote from me. Had one at least 8 years and can rely on the reading as ive had my guns checked on all sorts of Chrono's and the combro is very accurate.
    Someone said house work wont kill you, but I say 'why take that chance'
    www.airgunshooter.co.uk

great cheap and light to carry around just make sure you don't shoot the end as said above I think someone has started selling adapters for them rather than elastic bands

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    I tend to run with a few more than 2 fps to 'play' with before the 11.9999999, typically, I tend to tune to 11.6 at the most - the stuff I shoot don't complain - I've never heard of tin chickens & paper putting up a shout anyway
    think he meant foot pounds not feet per second buddy.

This is a very good review of the good and bad points of the Combro:

Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle