Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most currently pointless airgun you own?

Unhappy Most currently pointless airgun you own?

Given lockdown, what’s the least useful airgun you own?

For me, with about 10M available indoors, and theoretically 20 or so from inside to outdoors if I wasn’t concerned about scaring my neighbours (who would get scared), why do I have a Diana 52, full-length, silenced, wearing a Simmons 4-16x40 in a 1PM? And why am I thinking about replacing the Simmons with a Tasco 6-24x40?

Useless gun

I stumbled upon one of those Diana Oktoberfest BB guns at a shop a few months back and before I knew it I was putting a deposit down on it.
    Not really sure why. It was a low price I guess and maybe because it was quirky.
    Other than that I guess it's low power lends itself to safer use indoors with a suitable back stop. Polar opposite to the cannon you have there Geezer.
    Dave

Even without lockdown its got to be the Gat air pistol, or maybe a Milbro G10.

My BSA R10SE FAC , with Best fittings , larger air tank on board, Huma Reg fitted .

Its about as much use as a back pocket in a vest!
    Peace through superior fire power!

S&W 80g.
    They never should have left the factory.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    given the lockdown.. which means my shooting is 6 yards in the garage...

anything with a scope is pointless
    anything more than 6 FP is OP

For the rifles, it's a complete reversal of what would normally be pointless - my crosman M1 carbine is low powered and not very accurate.. but it's perfect for 6 yard gamo tin chicken target plinking at close range
    Similarly the daisy 820; 2 pumps, open sights, and it weighs about 6oz
    And the pistols have never had so much use
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    given the lockdown.. which means my shooting is 6 yards in the garage...

anything with a scope is pointless
    anything more than 6 FP is OP

For the rifles, it's a complete reversal of what would normally be pointless - my crosman M1 carbine is low powered and not very accurate.. but it's perfect for 6 yard gamo tin chicken target plinking at close range
    Similarly the daisy 820; 2 pumps, open sights, and it weighs about 6oz
    And the pistols have never had so much use
    well most of my guns are pointless at this time as they are 10ftlb +. but my sumatra which if you turn the power wheel down is around 6ftlb is good for garden shooting. also my crosman backpacker and the blinged up 1377 with a stock are perfect for the garden as you can have between 2-10.5ftlbs out of the backpacker and 2-5.5ftlbs out pf the 1377. my hw45 is also getting a bashing at this time but if you are talking about really pointless guns in your collection id say my anics skiff. cannot get seals for this gun i bought recently, but found some on a chinese website. $46 plus post i payed for 10 sets. but the conning buggers charged me £76 in our money total. i still await to see if i have been caught and bugger all will turn up as i think that will be the case :-( we all get caught at some point and i should have known better! also the 2 hats will not answer the emails so i think i can kiss good by to the £76
    Last edited by WILBA; 06-04-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    Even without lockdown its got to be the Gat air pistol, or maybe a Milbro G10.
    The gat That's the gun of my boyhood you are talking about ( also fox and hounds where the hunters used the gat's and shot you in the arse if they found you ). playing with darts and my mates old mans dart board brings back fond memories. The g10 was an abomination i will agree. but the gat noooooooooo

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    My TX200 which is in the workshop. Which is closed. And hundreds of miles away in another country.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Idle guns

With a 10 yard garden an no pistols I've not had a shot for what seems like ages,
    All my rifles seem pointless at the time, but it will pass.
    Just a thought for the op, I know you said you don't shoot from inside the house
    I'm not sure if the fuzz are cool with that, nobody wants them at the door uninvited
    Stay safe. Martin

All of my project rifles I have yet to get to seem pretty pointless LOL.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Thumbs up

My fathers Diana repeater, puts out the same power as a gnat's fart if you put a 177 pellet in it.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Well, its gone full circle with me. I'm currently a full time carer for a pensioner who is housebound. The bungalow I live in has been split in two, I'm in one half. The house sits in in a 1/3rd of an acre.
    So I have a range set up at 42 mts I can extend it to 55, if I clear some undergrowth...

Just ordered £120 worth of ammo from JSR today as I seem to be spending 2 hours a day shooting, which if far more that I've ever done.

All 21 guns seem to be getting an airing....

Sorry...
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Well, its gone full circle with me. I'm currently a full time carer for a pensioner who is housebound. The bungalow I live in has been split in two, I'm in one half. The house sits in in a 1/3rd of an acre.
    So I have a range set up at 42 mts I can extend it to 55, if I clear some undergrowth...

Just ordered £120 worth of ammo from JSR today as I seem to be spending 2 hours a day shooting, which if far more that I've ever done.

All 21 guns seem to be getting an airing....

Sorry...
    Similar in effect to me, I've cleared the garden out of boredom in between shifts and got myself a 25yd range. Everything non-FAC is getting an airing, though I am temped to get the Lee Enfield out to drown out the noise of the neighbours shagging at random times through the day...

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    All of em!
    Awaiting my AWC renewal.
    “An airgun or two”………