Thread: Who remembers the Brocock Fox ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I need to figure an action for it, barrel retention, hammer, trigger etc. Using an existing donor is an option, I'm looking at my Crosman 2240, an old pile of bitsfrom one of those would work.

In the meantime, I need an inch or so of .25 barrel to finish this:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I need to figure an action for it, barrel retention, hammer, trigger etc. Using an existing donor is an option, I'm looking at my Crosman 2240, an old pile of bitsfrom one of those would work.

[IMG][/IMG]

Not a million miles from one of my projects at the moment - single shot .22 mini pistol running off an 8g caplet. Need to pick up an umarex 1911 (or similar) valve for it.

At some point I may also be making a multishot 2240 'stubby' in .25, for which I'll need to cannibalise my hatsan striker barrel and get it machined to fit a particular breech. If I get around to this any time soon you're welcome to a few inches of barrel.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post

Not a million miles from one of my projects at the moment - single shot .22 mini pistol running off an 8g caplet. Need to pick up an umarex 1911 (or similar) valve for it.

At some point I may also be making a multishot 2240 'stubby' in .25, for which I'll need to cannibalise my hatsan striker barrel and get it machined to fit a particular breech. If I get around to this any time soon you're welcome to a few inches of barrel.
    Smashing! I can't see .22 being man enough for the job.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Smashing! I can't see .22 being man enough for the job.
    Depending on which project gets finished first I may end up doing .25 instead, there should be plenty of .25 barrel left over.
    Good deals with these members

I have on ticket a Saxby Palmer mod52 barreled in .30 .Its great fun with Steve Harper .30 pellets (sqashed .25 Ramjets)....there have been other projects too, but i kept this one!

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I have on ticket a Saxby Palmer mod52 barreled in .30 .Its great fun with Steve Harper .30 pellets (sqashed .25 Ramjets)....there have been other projects too, but i kept this one!
    Damn! That's nice. The 52 is one I would love to find on one of the european second hand sites.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I might have some old 2250 bits and pieces kicking around. I'll have a look in my box o'bits tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy_Boy View Post
    I might have some old 2250 bits and pieces kicking around. I'll have a look in my box o'bits tomorrow.
    Awesome!

I had a Brocock Fox and two Berretta 92Fs running on TACs. I think the 92Fs were 8.6mm; they would actually chamber a 9mm round and I have no idea if the gun would of exploded into pieces if the barrel were bored out and and I pulled the trigger, I'm not so stupid I needed or wanted to find out. I can see why they banned and I ended up destroying mine in my dads vice. I'd sold the Fox on well before the ban.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500