Thread: Help stripping and sorting a HW35k

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It'll be interesting to hear of the results with the FAPs, Norm.. And, as mentioned a little earlier, please double check that the cocking linkage isn't worn / been bent through over-enthusiastic cocking of strong springs, as the drag in this area can significantly increase the cocking effort..
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    It'll be interesting to hear of the results with the FAPs, Norm.. And, as mentioned a little earlier, please double check that the cocking linkage isn't worn / been bent through over-enthusiastic cocking of strong springs, as the drag in this area can significantly increase the cocking effort..
    I did have a look at the cocking linkage when it was first mentioned, it seems to be ok and has the little roller in the middle. When I put it back each time I make sure there’s a smear of grease on the area where it slides, and also on the cocking shoe.

There is a fine wear line in the blueing on top of the linkage, I think it’s where the spring steel ‘tongue’ on the stock mount tunnel rubs and again I smear grease on this as well.

As long as the movement seems smooth and unhindered all should be fine then, Norm.. And a little moly grease / paste is always a good idea.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    As long as the movement seems smooth and unhindered all should be fine then, Norm.. And a little moly grease / paste is always a good idea.
    Yup, bit of bumslide on all those little moving parts

I do know that stuff is hard to get out from under your nails !!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
    Yup, bit of bumslide on all those little moving parts

I do know that stuff is hard to get out from under your nails !!
    that's how it got it's name
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    that's how it got it's name