Thread: Have DJ Litts gone bust?????????????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    yes it is definitely true i heard it's for 20 million pound and the police took andrew litt away not the auditors i think he will be heading to jail for a couple of months i doubt it will open back up now unless someone with lots of cash opens a new gun shop there on the old premises
    Cz 22 lr with 3-12×56 lanber 12g o/u DSC level 1 and 2
    Howa 1500 243 with atn x sight 2 NV Remmington 700 308
    Howa 1500 30-06 with atn x sight 2 NV smith & wesson 38/357 humain killer

D J Litt

Had a chat with a bloke there, not member of public and he said debts well in excess of £25M.

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vincy View Post
    yes it is definitely true i heard it's for 20 million pound and the police took andrew litt away not the auditors i think he will be heading to jail for a couple of months i doubt it will open back up now unless someone with lots of cash opens a new gun shop there on the old premises

That, my friend, is liable if it is not 100% true

Good luck Nick with companies house, it can take months for the receivers to put details forward.

A winding up order may have been serve'd on them if so ring the local courts and they my be able to tell you who the liquidaters/receivers are.

Its also very difficult to bring criminal chargers against a director who has blatantly traded insolvent, unless it is exceptional they wont bother and just ban them from being a director again.

Good Luck

Steve

fooknmissed Guest
    £20 million,do me a favour.
    It's always a good idea to take any hearsay you come across with a very big pinch of salt.

I know for a fact that they owe at least one dealer in the States $135k for goods payed for and not supplied, they also deal with another out there, but I dont know the state of play with that one.
    I was told today by a dealer that they have gone bust, owing a very large sum of cash, and it would appear that they may take other companies with them, or at least push them right to the limit finacially.

yes it is definitely true i heard it's for 20 million pound and the police took andrew litt away
    Now all said and done, I have had the pleasure of Carl's company on a few occasions, yes customer service has been very bad over a few resent years, yet most of us still spent our money there. Andrew himself is a nice bloke and to my knowledge has never been rude to a customer. I am gutted Litt's has closed, it was after all the largest gun shop in south wales and will be missed by *all* I am sure. Problem is it's not until it's gone that you realise what a loss you have.

John
    Last edited by Hunter_zero; 09-05-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Sorry bit of a reactive post after a long old week.

i know he's a tidy bloke and always got on to them to serve if they were just hanging about chatting and yes you are right i never knew him to be rude to anyone. we all will miss them very much and i feel gutted for lads who have lost out as i know at least five who will have no way of getting there stuff .but this is the sign of the times
    Cz 22 lr with 3-12×56 lanber 12g o/u DSC level 1 and 2
    Howa 1500 243 with atn x sight 2 NV Remmington 700 308
    Howa 1500 30-06 with atn x sight 2 NV smith & wesson 38/357 humain killer

No tears on my behalf...

Spent £1,100 on a new left-handed Beretta SP3; turned out, having noticed a crack forming, it was a right-hander "bent" - impacting it's resale value.

Litts said it was not their issue after two years, offering to sell me a replacement stock for £600.

A mate of mine took up my case with GMK rep he met at a game fair and I ended up with the stock sorted free of charge.

I would buy another Beretta but not from Litts...
    Last edited by gravity sucks; 11-05-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence..."

They were purportedly 'known' for supplying 'grey' imports to the US - Perazzi mainly but also Beretta's. Bloody shame they are in trouble as they could get hold of Euro DT's and SO's that you cannot get in the US.

I'm in the market for a couple of good Beretta's (but no rush) so when someone knows who will be dealing with their stock I would appreciate an email.

I hope that everyone on this board is made whole and not hurt by this unfortunate turn of events.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

No tears here.

I spoke with Andrew Litt on the phone and did a deal for a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 for £1010. Sportsman were doing the same scope for £1145. Andrew said delivery would be 2-3 weeks.

After 4 months I told him to poke it.
    They gave me every excuse under the sun for it not turning up.
    Their customer service was non-existant.

administrators

litts administrators are Deloitte and Touche in Cardiff. Hope this is of use. I passed by earlier on today.
    andrew