Thread: Having done so much shed tuning / sleaving / chopping / engineering "corrections"...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Should still be really nice, Nick. Lightened or standard weight piston?

As regards the sealing, I know Tony likes to force the sealant into the void (if present), but then to also create a vacuum by pulling the piston back and holding it there, pulling the sealant to the cylinder wall.
    So run the Loctite around the external groove and pull the piston back, while blocking off the trans port, sounds like a plan, I built it earlier with a tx mk3 spring and guides I had and only got 6 ft lb, the barrel lock up is a bit iffy at the moment so will be losing a bit there , standard weight piston, at standard stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    So run the Loctite around the external groove and pull the piston back, while blocking off the trans port, sounds like a plan, I built it earlier with a tx mk3 spring and guides I had and only got 6 ft lb, the barrel lock up is a bit iffy at the moment so will be losing a bit there , standard weight piston, at standard stroke.
    Hi Nick

I've just found this for you :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....10#post2931510

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Nick

I've just found this for you :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....10#post2931510

All the best Mick
    Thanks Mick
    I cleaned the tube properly and had a look down, so is the idea of the Loctite, to fill the huge gap between the breech plug, and the cylinder walls, to get rid of the lost volume?
    Last edited by NickG; 29-04-2015 at 04:55 PM.