Thread: 2016 Spring/Summer MPL Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anybody else fancy a go at the air rifle to keep the three of us company?

This looks like a great excuse to use a classic springer such as a pre war BSA, Webley Mk 3 or Airsporter Club for competition.

John

More Rifle Shooters Needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Anybody else fancy a go at the air rifle to keep the three of us company?

This looks like a great excuse to use a classic springer such as a pre war BSA, Webley Mk 3 or Airsporter Club for competition.

John
    You are absolutely right John - this is a great excuse to exercise a Classic air rifle so lets hope a few more BBS members stump up a tenner and join us in this super little online competition that can be shot from home or anywhere that is convenient and safe to do so.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Payment made and email sent. First ever comp of any kind so expecting to be at the bottom end especially as I am not yet a very good shot and will be shooting with a new pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.N View Post
    Payment made and email sent. First ever comp of any kind so expecting to be at the bottom end especially as I am not yet a very good shot and will be shooting with a new pistol.
    Hi Dave,

I sent your entry pack out to you today.

Don't worry about this being your first competition - the MPL competition is a fun competition and the only person you will enjoy beating is yourself if you can score better than the previous month now and again.

If you can show a steady improvement then it is good to see that every month - but don't worry about the peaks and troughs that we all go through

When you have "peaked" in future years you can also use it as a barometer to keep yourself up to your current average.

6 yard shooting on the Air 8 targets is no easier than shooting at 10 meters at your local club so it is a very good competition to take part in and one that I hope you will enjoy.

Best regards,

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.N View Post
    Hi Dave,

Sounds like we're both in a similar situation , barring the odd bit of backyard plinking with my CO2 CP88 I have done absolutely zero pistol shooting up until last month.

With regards to the scores I'll probably see you down there around the bottom of the standings!

As Bob has said though, we've got to start somewhere. I just want to see some improvement over time and I'll be happy.

ATB
    Andy

hi bob entry packs arrived today thanks, looks like we are all looking at bottom of the league position well count me into that one
    cheers chris

Quote Originally Posted by dot1dog View Post
    hi bob entry packs arrived today thanks, looks like we are all looking at bottom of the league position well count me into that one
    cheers chris
    You and Andy may well surprise yourselves but if you are at the bottom when you start then you can only go UP so that is not such a bad place to start from as you will have everything to look forward to as your experience helps you to improve.

The best thing to do is to get in plenty of practice on the correct targets and become familiar with your choice of pistols.

I shot with a Webley Allecto and a Webley Nemesis during this current season and proved that you do not need anything expensive to compete with or to enjoy shooting your mach cards with.

Both these pistols have far more ability than the shooter that was holding them and are not expensive to buy and are available "used" for even less.

The MPL is a great series to take part in as only air pistols or rifles that need Muscle Power to put the energy into them can be used and this by definition brings many of the older and Classic air pistol and rifles into play as well as the less expensive current production models.

It also excludes all of the CO2 and PCP examples - so none of the expensive and sophisticated current match airguns can be used - and this provides a very level playing field for us all to enjoy!
    Last edited by zooma; 20-12-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Hello to All,

The thing I most like is that you can use the old non-target 'springers' that a lot of people would turn their noses up at

These non-target classics can still shoot surprisingly well, and can be most satisfying to shoot, as well as being a bit 'interesting'

I am finally getting of my arse (got some time off work !!) and getting the backlog of cards from August --> December done

Have fun & a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Best regards

Russ