Thread: Hawke "Panorama- EV" 4-12x40

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    I think most HFT'ers would be interested in dof for this scope. Cant wait for next installment.
    I've just recieved the night eye sf digi ir from hawke. it's on my .243 after a conversation on the phone with a tech guy at deben. i down loaded the brc ballistic calculator and set it to the .243 winchester after 6 rounds to zero at 100 yards in a 15 to 20mph wind from the left i shot agroup of 1 1/2 . then using the mildots and windage dots on the map6 ret i shot a mellon at 300 yds spot on very good scope very clear and the ir was brilliant 50mm objective and clear glass gave light when i din't expect to see anything . this praise doesn't come from someone who doesn't know good quality scopes as on my .22-250 i use a swarovsky both are good lowlight hunting fox deer scopes but the price for the nite eye is a lot less.

all the monty57.

I remain that impressed I am flogging my Bushnell 6500 to buy another couple. A genuine bargain buy that works pretty damned well in my opinion.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by monty57 View Post
    I've just recieved the night eye sf digi ir from hawke. it's on my .243 after a conversation on the phone with a tech guy at deben. i down loaded the brc ballistic calculator and set it to the .243 winchester after 6 rounds to zero at 100 yards in a 15 to 20mph wind from the left i shot agroup of 1 1/2 . then using the mildots and windage dots on the map6 ret i shot a mellon at 300 yds spot on very good scope very clear and the ir was brilliant 50mm objective and clear glass gave light when i din't expect to see anything . this praise doesn't come from someone who doesn't know good quality scopes as on my .22-250 i use a swarovsky both are good lowlight hunting fox deer scopes but the price for the nite eye is a lot less.

all the monty57.
    I have the night eye digi on my hw100, fantastic scope, as good as the tac 30 i had and much better than the mtc mamba it replaced, will be getting another for sure but would like to try the panorama.

I have swapped most of my scopes (MTC'S) FOR THE 4-12X40'S WITH THE HALF MILDOT RET.

Truly a great range of scopes for the money.
    Atb.