Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dodgey Dealer Alert

Quote Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
    Whilst I agree we do not have the full story and therefore shouldn't judge, this forum enables people to share their experiences of retail outlets.
    If Mach1.5 had recommended the same outlet for their customer service, would you still be posting in the way you are ? as he would still be a "biased customer" I doubt it , in fact he would probably be receiving thanks from most of the members, however because he has warned the members of let's say "less than satisfactory customer service" you take it upon yourself to judge him " the beatings of one biased customer"
    Kettle calling Pot springs to mind
    People who complain never fudge the truth or lie do they! I once got a call back to a job for a repair on a near side front bumper which had allegedly failed. It said specifically off side front on the paperwork. His threats of Trading Standards soon waned when I gave him the copy invoice and told him that fraud is a serious offence.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Yes people do lie but rather than chastise someone for judging people, which is what you doing yourself is hardly fair is it.
    People also massage the truth about good service too, quite a few salesman make money this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Goes by the name P E Griffiths. Trades on gunstar. Brought a venom sling off him, he failed to mention it was in two pieces so i sent it back stating so, phoned him and emailed him, finally got an answer saying he got the sling but i can forget a refund. Please take care when buying from this guy. I've only lost £40 but others may not be so lucky? Mach 1.5
    Thanks for the heads up Mach 1.5
    A lot of people get ripped off with stuff advertised as Venom or V Mach, because it isn't, or because it is, but in shite / broken condition.
    There is a rifle advertised as venom tuned on a forum at mo with a vortek spring guide, and further polishing at recent service.
    Lots of flagrant deliberate ripping off goes on using Venom/V Machs good name, as I know you know from experience
    Airgunners are often treated as numpties by section 1 dealers too - an often foolhardy judgement
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    On that line of thinking then , perhaps we should castigate every other long established and reputable dealer in the country for being heinous rip off merchants.
    I'm not quite sure how you jumped to that statement from my post. Hull Cartridge can import what they like, with whatever mark up they feel appropriate. No complaints from me, but I'd rather save £100 and buy from Sportsman GC.

You stated that you proved your point about getting your facts right, when in fact you got your facts wrong and you can buy a HW80 for a lot less.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Just to add to Lyn's point above, they are even cheaper if you buy direct from Germany or Holland.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

He wants to think himself lucky that Paul (Mach 1.5) is such a gentleman and has shown restraint. Plenty of other shooting friends of mine wouldn't have extended the same favour had they been relieved of their hard earned.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Dealer

Many thanks guys for all your comments. I've emailed him again twice about a refund over the last 48 hours but no reply. If i do hear anything i'll let you know. Many thanks guys. Mach 1.5

Just checking, is this a disagreement between two dealers??

Paul isn't a dealer. He's a genuine enthusiast /collector.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Yes people do lie but rather than chastise someone for judging people, which is what you doing yourself is hardly fair is it.
    People also massage the truth about good service too, quite a few salesman make money this way.
    So the seller is presumed guilty then. He isn't here to tell us his side is he. My statement was a generalisation reporting the fact you cannot hang someone's reputation out to dry based on one side of a tale. It's a real shame to read the comments which regularly get posted on the internet damning people when it often transpires that the original allegation is not quite the truth. Judgement should be reserved until both plaintiff and the defence have offered an explanation.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Mach 1.5 may like many on here be bang on 'eccentric' , but he's a genuine nice bloke, and pukka Venom groupie, who has never maligned anyone nor done a bad deal to my knowledge. I tend to believe him - I strongly suspect he just wanted what is probably 'another' Venom sling to put on one of his Venom rifles and can't imagine a toys out the pram reaction even if sold something tatty described as mint, so I'd guess his sling came in two bits, just like he's said - my opinion on this particular thread -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Many thanks guys for all your comments. I've emailed him again twice about a refund over the last 48 hours but no reply. If i do hear anything i'll let you know. Many thanks guys. Mach 1.5
    Paul, what do you mean 2 pieces? I take it that these slings don't buckle together - this is just for my info as I've a Venom without a Venom sling? Do you have a pic of the way it came vs the way it should be so I don't get caught the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    So the seller is presumed guilty then. He isn't here to tell us his side is he. My statement was a generalisation reporting the fact you cannot hang someone's reputation out to dry based on one side of a tale. It's a real shame to read the comments which regularly get posted on the internet damning people when it often transpires that the original allegation is not quite the truth. Judgement should be reserved until both plaintiff and the defence have offered an explanation.
    I think if you read my posts this is what I was saying, Countryboy made judgemental comments in support of the seller but was directly judging the buyer
    If you recommend anything it is based on your own experiences i.e biased but according to him the warnings Mach 1.5 gave were biased bleatings by a disgruntled buyer, Mach 1.5 can't really win can he?he's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't, all he did was warn the members of a potentially less than scrupulous seller, I for one whole heartedly thank him for doing so and hopefully no one else suffers the same, he's the one down £40

Goes by the name P E Griffiths. Trades on gunstar. Brought a venom sling off him, he failed to mention it was in two pieces so i sent it back stating so, phoned him and emailed him, finally got an answer saying he got the sling but i can forget a refund. Please take care when buying from this guy. I've only lost £40 but others may not be so lucky? Mach 1.5
    I know Peter Griffiths & this doesn't sound like the chap I know, so I've just come off the phone from talking to him. I have nothing to do with him other than know him from shooting in the same leagues as me, so I have no vested interest either way.

Peter tells me the only contact you have made is through gunstar, no phone calls or Emails. He can no longer get onto Gunstar but has told me to let you know if yoy phone (01584 861 285) him now & give him your bank details he will give you £50 back to cover your costs. He also states he has been waiting for you to call him to discuss the problem.

I really hope this all works out for you.

Good luck!

ABT

Dave

I think if you read my posts this is what I was saying, Countryboy made judgemental comments in support of the seller but was directly judging the buyer
    If you recommend anything it is based on your own experiences i.e biased but according to him the warnings Mach 1.5 gave were biased bleatings by a disgruntled buyer, Mach 1.5 can't really win can he?he's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't, all he did was warn the members of a potentially less than scrupulous seller, I for one whole heartedly thank him for doing so and hopefully no one else suffers the same, he's the one down £40
    As I understand it mach 1 Is not out of pocket by 40 quid, he is the owner of a two peice venom sling, which he chose to send back to the vendor without agreement. I do not know why he did this, nor do I understand the reasoning behind buying on the internet with an automatic right to return goods that you believe are not what you required. That is what shops are for. You can go and view and hold and check and if satisfied buy. I am sure the vendor believes he advertised appropriately and I am sure. Mach1 believes otherwise. But there are other ways of dealing with these issues. Sometimes you have to realise that brief descriptions or photos can mean different things to different people. A simple phone call to check is always wise. Hopefully it canbe sorted out in a more gentlemanly manner. If not it still doesn't mean that the vendor is in the wrong.