Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    [/B]

Hello John,

Would it not make sense to try and combine your fayre with the other meeting already being planned here, since the ultimate aims are the same and the proposed dates would be close.

Regards

Brian
    HI Brian, reading back though the original thread, It was still very much a work in progress as I understand, with nothing decided, We had one offer of a hotel hall, and an expression of interest from a bell club, plus my intention to ask at my local venue. My place were O.K. with the idea, but space is quite limited as we had two targets and 20 odd people at Thursday practice and it was crowded. Also, as I delved more into it, although the owner was relaxed about shooting, there are many advantages an organised and established club has in doing an event like this, not least in workload!

I attended both the previous fairs mentioned, and you need a fair few people to set it all up, do the safety and catering etc. etc.

I heartily recommend the Melbourne venue, there is plenty of room to circulate, plenty of targets for shooting, and a great bunch of airgun enthusiasts to boot!

I personally think that this is the first fully thought out and discussed offer to host the fair that has been offered, and so should be "the one".

ATB, Ed

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    HI Brian, reading back though the original thread, It was still very much a work in progress as I understand, with nothing decided, We had one offer of a hotel hall, and an expression of interest from a bell club, plus my intention to ask at my local venue. My place were O.K. with the idea, but space is quite limited as we had two targets and 20 odd people at Thursday practice and it was crowded. Also, as I delved more into it, although the owner was relaxed about shooting, there are many advantages an organised and established club has in doing an event like this, not least in workload!

I attended both the previous fairs mentioned, and you need a fair few people to set it all up, do the safety and catering etc. etc.

I heartily recommend the Melbourne venue, there is plenty of room to circulate, plenty of targets for shooting, and a great bunch of airgun enthusiasts to boot!

I personally think that this is the first fully thought out and discussed offer to host the fair that has been offered, and so should be "the one".

ATB, Ed
    Seems the ideal place to me as well Ed and I have just spoken to Chris Hough via a few emails. He reckons MM have enough of their own members and don't need any outside help at all, although I'm sure its there if they need it. I'm glad this is in the bag now (well almost) and we can look forward to a vintage get together. Perhaps to become an annual event .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Sounds like we are now well on the way to making this happen thanks to the very positive feedback from both BBS members and clubs interested in hosting the event.

Looking forward to everything being agreed and finalised.

Regards

Brian