Quote Originally Posted by Andrewjames View Post
Looks great, i will have a go.. question, how would you adjust the power on that system? should the power be adjustable? i guess you can with a co2 power plant?

best
A
The trouble with external power adjustment on a 2240 is that if you've done a few other mods it's not difficult to crank the power right up past the limit. For the pistols at least it's best to set the power internally (leaving a decent margin for the coming summer heat) and be done with it.
While the 2250 rifle is a PITA to get to full power, the 2240 pistol has the opposite problem.

With this system you set the power by adjusting the length of the allen bolt (I had a few on hand so was able to play around chopping them up), by using different springs, and by adjusting their preload with the two nuts. Once you have it where you want it you can loctite the nuts and then turning the allen bolt from the outside will not effect the power. The amount of preload on the spring, and the clear distance between the spring and hammer, is what changes both the power and the amount of hammer bounce.
You'll know when you are getting there because the report on firing will sound quick and sharp, rather than 'farty'. If you have a moderator on it will be just as noticeable if not more so.
This does meaning a few repeated teardowns/builds, but taking the time to get it right is rewarding.