Thread: webley VMX or not

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Actually I think the VMX is a Chinese sourced rifle, like the Rebel!
    Webley VMX = Hatsan Striker = Turkish...

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Webley VMX = Hatsan Striker = Turkish...
    I thought it was a 19 clone like many cheap rifles, oh well, in that case forget it, buy a Hatsan X900 breaker if you want a cheap gun or a 55 or 60 if you want a better but not quite as cheap gun.

Don't do it

There crap very harsh n brake the main spring overstressed to get the power up,get a hw99

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    There crap very harsh n brake the main spring overstressed to get the power up,get a hw99
    Which in turn will eat itself from the inside out at over twice the price....

Oh

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Which in turn will eat itself from the inside out at over twice the price....
    Don't stick up for the value max as the saying goes you get what you pay for,buy a s/h springer quality will always shine through,the poor plastic stock is better than some hatsans,but that's really the only positive

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    Don't stick up for the value max as the saying goes you get what you pay for,buy a s/h springer quality will always shine through,the poor plastic stock is better than some hatsans,but that's really the only positive
    I did not stick up for the VMX, I stuck up for the 900X or the 55 or 60!

Yes I have used a 900X for hunting and it is a capable little rifle!

ok lads thanks -- just looked at the Hatsan 55/60 , but they are not so cheap anymore round £240 / £250 ... surely they were under £200 not so long back.

so if the VMX quantum silencer package , includes gun , mod , scope mounts , bag , pellets £179 , would it be a good idea to get one and self tune it -- done several HW 's my self , so don't mind fiddle-ing ..OR are they really that crap..

these are for sale at molevalley farmers which is local to me .

was also looking at another Fenix 400s , had one years ago , great gun with a tune , but alas like most guns gone way up in price