Thread: Whatsthe best HFT scope....?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    Here's a link to Brian's "Novice to Ninja" stuff. A must read for all HFT'ers IMO.

https://www.kingsleyhft.com/resources
    Hope that you're ok Steve, I am itching to get back to HFT now our house build is nearly done. I needed a break but I want to get back now.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    Hope that you're ok Steve, I am itching to get back to HFT now our house build is nearly done. I needed a break but I want to get back now.
    All's good here thanks Dean.

Me & Glenn were only talking about you a couple of weeks ago & saying it would be good to see you now you have just about finished the grand designs mansion.
    Paint chipping for Air Arms & Ireland HFT Teams.

You'll probably find the best HFT scope is the one I'm selling
    "I'm an enormously talented man, and there's no use pretending that I'm not.."

If the OP is south of Bristol and thinking about shooting in the SWEFTA league things are a little different and scope choice might well be different too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    If the OP is south of Bristol and thinking about shooting in the SWEFTA league things are a little different and scope choice might well be different too.
    What are the differences?
    Paint chipping for Air Arms & Ireland HFT Teams.

Re setting up. If it is a front or side focus scope, you want to have set the focus so that 45 yards is just blurred and 40 is
    Just in focus. Then you have a range where the scope is in focus before going blurry for closer stuff.

The 45 yarder being just blurred is useful as you can pretty much tell if its between 40 and 45. Close stuff is easier to read but you will know that if its sharp its within 40 to 15 yards for example.

To deal with ultra blurry, I squint and make my viewing eye shut down... a bit like anniris on a camers increases depth of field with a lens. It isnt perfect and takes practice.

The real trick with close is to use the string to get the target to rock. Usually the KZ and the paddle show up with the movement so giving you a better idea of the kill position and size too.

Brian is a great thinker and worth looking at his stuff.

The critical thing is... no matter what happens on the day... good bad or ugly, have a craic and walk away happy. Seen too many peeps.loose the wheels because they are trying too hard and frustration rules their game.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    What are the differences?
    SWEFTA HFT is out to 55yds and basically like UKAHFT extreme rules in that you can PX your scope before bringing it up to your eye. Down here a lot of the guys use their FT rigs dialled down (max x12mag). SWEFTA shoots have HFT and FT on the same day so it's just a way of shooting 80 targets in a day with one after the other on two courses (usually). I did say extreme didn't I!
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

I recently picked up Optisan CP 10X32mm and it really does the job,more than that it's fairly cheap £269 brand new. I used Weaver Classic 2-10x 38 over last 4years but it looks like Optisan is better for HFT