Thread: Weihrauch HW45 Grips

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah, it's not like you're missing much. The original wooden ones for your HW45 (IIRC quite old) are comfortable enough for me, but IMO quite fugly. The newer stock ones are quite nice-looking in comparison.

The Pachmayr is probably the most common replacement. What don't you like about them? They seem about as good as another relatively cheap replacement, the Hogue rubber. Quite different in look and feel, but I wouldn't say either is the worse. I have all the common HW45 replacement grips here. If looks and feel are paramount, I'd definitely go for the Beeman exotic hardwood combat grips: they are a bargain for what they are and fit and feel and look wonderful.

The only slight niggle I have with the Pachmayrs is they are "universal" for the Colt 1911A1 and I guess there are some versions that need a slightly larger cutout on the right side for the (I think) safety. On the HW45 this manifests as a small gap in the frame that isn't covered by the grip (cover with black vinyl tape). The Hogues and Beemans don't leave this gap. The Hogues give a very tactical look, I think they look great with the bluish-grey coloring of the original HW45s...may look a little stark for some, but function well.
    Last edited by cfraser; 09-10-2008 at 10:10 PM.