Hi,

I'll do a vid in a bit.

The servo part maybe I havnt explained well. Imagine a motor - you apply power to it and it turns. Attatch something to the end of it and that turns round and round too. A servo is a bit different, it does contain a motor but simply applying power to it wouldnt do anything. IT also contains other gubbins that allow it to move to a fairly precise position (think model car steering or plane controls, has to be quite precise else it would all end in tears lol). A servo has to recieve a series of signals if you like to make it go to the position you want it to, in my example photos you can see it moves about 90 degrees or so (I think!) to pull the target down. Someone or something needs to tell the servo what position it has to move to, the stuff inside the servo works out the position, so you (or the controller to be more precise) says "go to 45 degree position) and off it goes to that position, you then tell it to go to say 80 degrees, and off it goes, same position every time you tell it. The "problem" is telling the servo whatposition it needs to go to, this is where the controller part comes in. The board Mark used needs programming, as does the one I use - not too hard but of course anything is difficult if you dont know how, and anything is easy if you do !. That is why I suggested a radio control system, although the controls are variable (think steering, left and right - or up and down in our case) it isnt hard to rip out the contents of a radio control transmitter and stick the insides in a box replacing the controls with buttons - would need to solder a few wires thats all. 90 degree movement would be easist to do.
The boards Mark and I use are much more versatile as we can accurately tell the servo what position to go to, when to go there, and how fast even (within the speed capabilities of the servo) and we can of course also program any time delays etc. Its a pity you dont live nearer, we could have probably got one going by now !
Hope that explains the servo a bit better, vid will be here soon. And Im not geting annoyed !

Calv