Thread: Need advice on FX hand pump lube

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    How are you testing the pressure ? have you blanked it with a brass plug or are you trying it on a rifle ? Could it be that the adaptor is leaking rather than the pump ?
    Hi angrybear.
    I received a call from Jeff late last afternoon, he had a big smile in his voice
    After isolating stages he discovered that a gland seal was passing. He has sorted that by resorting to using 3(?) smaller O rings.
    I will know more when I visit next and I'll post images if possible.
    He tells me that it now pumps up quite efficiently.
    So much so that while pumping up his pneumatic air rifle, the old hose couldn't take it and blew out in protest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    After isolating stages he discovered that a gland seal was passing. He has sorted that by resorting to using 3(?) smaller O rings.
    This is an early FX 3 stage pump and is a bit different to the available drawing.
    http://www.fxairguns.com/wp-content/...d-partlist.pdf
    The second / third stage piston (#11) has two internal O ring seals that it appears weren't up to it; there was enough room for another to be fitted to the stack and this seems to have done the trick.
    Job done.
    Thanks for all your suggestions

Red rubber grease would be my suggestion. Cheap and a tub would last a couple of lifetimes.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger Red View Post
    Red rubber grease would be my suggestion. Cheap and a tub would last a couple of lifetimes.
    There is a good idea Red, thanks.

A couple of lifetimes eh? The exit door is over the horizon so a sachet or two should last me well enough.
    Time to visit the local brake shop and see my mate about some spare floating sachets
    Last edited by slow_runner; 02-08-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Don't use normal white silicon grease...I used some abbey and after a while it started to combust.Don't worry you will notice the smell. Upon striping the pump ,burnt grease and fried seals.
    The only product I found that didn't was the stuff that hills sell .
    As for three in one oil ..... seriously????