Thread: Hawke vantage dead?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hawke have always had none transferable warranties... have they not ? like most Far East brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitzer View Post
    Hawke have always had none transferable warranties... have they not ? like most Far East brands.
    The only transferable part is from hand to bin I wounder how many original owners still own their hawke scope 10 years on?
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Well I've stuck it in some sportsmatch mounts and it's been fine, i really didn't notice anything wrong with the hawke mounts but either way it's done. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    Well I've stuck it in some sportsmatch mounts and it's been fine, i really didn't notice anything wrong with the hawke mounts but either way it's done. Thanks for the help.
    Don't listen to negative comments about Hawke scopes mate, In my opinion for the money you can't go wrong. I bought a cheap Hawke 4x40 HD scope about 6 or 7 years ago to fit on my 1977 HW35 rifle, and the scope has not missed a beat. Recoil and all. I also use a Hawke on my HW100s, and again, with no problems at all. If a person has deep pockets and Is willing to pay a fortune for decent glass, then good luck to them. But most people do not fit Into that category anyway,

John
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Just received an email back from Hawke regarding how long their warranty Is for their scopes, and this Is the reply that I got. It seems that the lifetime warranty only came Into effect at the beginning of this year. I knew that I'd read that all Hawke optics come with a 10 year warranty not so long ago,

John

Hawke UK Quote = '' Thank you for your email.

All Hawke rifle scopes, binoculars and spotting scopes purchase as new from the 1st January 2018 are covered under our new lifetime warranty. Any binoculars, rifle scopes and spotting scopes purchased prior to January 2018 are covered by a 10 year warranty valid only to the original purchaser and with a copy of the proof of purchase.''
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

The Hawke warranty is no-fault lifetime. Details here https://uk.hawkeoptics.com/hawke-no-...-warranty.html

I've always found their service exemplary.
    FX Cyclone .22 + Hawke Sidewinder30 4-16x50 (SR6)

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
    The only transferable part is from hand to bin I wounder how many original owners still own their hawke scope 10 years on?
    Me, Hawk SR12, Nite Eye, non digital type....