Thread: MTC Taipan 4-16x50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    After blowing my budget on a new .308 I need to find an interm scope and was thinking of the MTC Taipan 6-24 with the AMD reticle. anyone here use it on a .308 any info would be great.

Thanks,

Fish
    Aim small - miss small

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by fish slapped View Post
    After blowing my budget on a new .308 I need to find an interm scope and was thinking of the MTC Taipan 6-24 with the AMD reticle. anyone here use it on a .308 any info would be great.

Thanks,

Fish
    Nope, never used one on a .308...never used a .308...a 7.62 however

Joking aside Bud, MTC have tested and rated them on .50 BMG, but that said if they will cope with my TX200 they will be fine on .308

I want a taipan now....pooh

I know, I can eat the Viper...diminished responsibility...
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Neither of us used it on a .308, just a rimmie outdoors, but here are a couple of links that may be useful:

http://www.riflesunlimited.co.uk/showarticle.php?id=26

http://www.riflesunlimited.co.uk/showarticle.php?id=27
    Born To Be Mild.

Using on .308

Yes I have one on my .308 Remington. Both brand new. Had two outing with it so far and yes VERY good! In fact the scope beats the hell out of the spotting scope that someone took to the range!!

I went for the 6-24x56 with the SCB reticule.

Thinking of getting another one for my .243!!

Quote Originally Posted by fish slapped View Post

Thanks,

Fish

Caterham ,Surrey, Even the "Stig" has been there!!

Taipan

Had a look , on a .22Lr . I must have another look again at the reticule again
    me being a specky bloke looking through someone elses set up, thought it was a bit to fine . I did like the chunky turrets.
    BSA Ultra .177 M/Shot / Daystate Mk4 .177
    course I am over 18 , if I was 18 again I would rejoin !!
    "What are you expecting The band of the Grenadier Guards!" - ZULU

do you think we could get a good offer on the posatge fishslapped... if we buy two..... i was talking to Gary... a very helpfull guy indeed...(thanks again Gary)... why did you move away from your shutter set up...

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    I've been using one of these for a few weeks now, thought I would address a couple of issues.
    The optics are as most people say, very good. I've not managed to get 'white out' except if my eye is badly misaligned with scope, so is not a problem at all.
    I first used it on my AirWolf, a rifle (like all of mine) that is used exclusivly for hunting, I was not 100% happy with the weight and balence for carrying around the fields.
    Next I tried it on my Savage thumbhole HMR, thats when for me it came into it's own , it brought the centre of balence back compared to the previous light weight scope and made a much better overall package, so thats the rifle it's staying on.
    The sunshade is removable, I tried this as when ordering mounts for the Savage I was unsure if sunshade would clear barrel, at the moment I've refitted the shade, but it is very close to barrel so I may yet remove it, I might even look to see if only one section can be fitted.
    All I need now is a new scope for my AirWolf, that Connect looks interesting, when are we going to get some details Gary?