Thread: Webley Patriot-a review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I find it ironic the Patriot tends to get its bad reputation courtesy of the British! Think about it, most UK airgunners deal with 12ft/lb weaponry, when they fire the Patriot for the first time it's a bit of a shock to the system. The transition from that to a 30ft/lb springer takes some getting used to. In the USA, the UK Patriot (or Beeman Kodiak) is revered and respected, secondhand examples still command prices that match or exceed what they cost new.

In terms of the build quality, I have not seen an air rifle or many firearms that top the superb quality and luster of the bluing. Out of the box the Patriot can be a bit twangy but it can still deliver the goods-check this target out I shot at 25yds with my Kodiak using a Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 and Dampa mount:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...0/Target-1.jpg

Overall the Patriot easily can stand its ground with an Eliminator and should be on any persons shopping list considering an FAC springer.
    Last edited by Vulcanator; 20-12-2009 at 12:58 AM.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223