Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manchester airguns

Manchester airguns

Going to Manchester tomorrow and thought I would pop into the shop- never been before, always wondered what it was like having seen them advertise in the mags back in the 80s.
    Anyone with a review, few poor ones on the net.

Thumbs up

No idea on MAG but, Atherton indoor range looks worth a visit.

All of the above.

Mag

Manchester Airguns used to be about the size of a phone box accessed through Rowbothams cycle shop, they have recently expanded into the cycle shop & are much bigger, when I called they seemed to have a decent range of stuff but I didn't have any dealings with them. Out of interest one of the original two guys that started the shop many years ago was still working there when I called but apparently he has recently died.
    ATB John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Good luck with your visit. Let us know how it went.

A.G

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I have never visited, but heard mixed reviews - for such a potentially prominent business and location I would have expected them to be more popular than BAR - but they are not, and I kind of guess your answer is in there? I think they may have expanded, but that does not mean they moved with the times and modern expectations?

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Good place

They probably turn over more rifles than BAR over the counter as they are the go to place in the Oldham Rochdale E Mancs area always busy when I go,More choice of pellets than you could imagine, most guns in stock as well,shelves of old piston seals,springs,sears, etc piles of scopes pistols, targets, worth a visit as it's like an alladins cave.

The new shop is a lot cleaner and better organised but doesn't have the character. Still worth a visit though.

I've always had good service in there.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

A good shop with lots of interesting guns and well worth a visit.

Not the cheapest though, as I recall.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Well worth a visit been in while working down there carry a good selection of stuff

I purchased my first proper airgun from MAG a rws45 back in the 80's complete with a MAG embossed gun case, stupidly still have the case and sold the gun after 20years of ownership, don't know to this day why I did. I always liked the shop but had a recent bad experience with a pcp service and won't go back.

The service i recieved from BAR was poor so MAG can only be same or better. I went many moons ago and got som parts for a long sold rifle which they had in stock and cheap.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    The service i recieved from BAR was poor so MAG can only be same or better. I went many moons ago and got som parts for a long sold rifle which they had in stock and cheap.
    I have recently started using BAR and have found them to be helpful, informative and competitively priced .

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Good luck with your visit. Let us know how it went.

A.G
    after using this shot to great extent for many years when the original owners were there.would not touch the place with a very long barge pole now even for pellets I travel the 20 miles to Cheshire gun room now..M A G is 3 miles from me last 2 jobs done for me was to fit a pressure gauge to a vermi ..£85 5 attempts to stop a leak in an fx 2000 about £100 still leaked so went to Cheshire gun room £25 to fix fx 200 wrong valve part fitted on filling valve and a quote of £60 to supply and fit pressure gauge in vermin..rang them at a later date to ask about a weaver rail for a cricket told no and hung up on me for some reason perhaps because we previously had words about the other jobs done there ......good luck there you will need it their previous site was taken off line and re done... maybe because of my comments.. rip graham walker a really nice chap
    whale oil beef hooked

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I have recently started using BAR and have found them to be helpful, informative and competitively priced .
    I shall say no more than they had to be reminded about the consumer rights act and its applicability to a new gun purchase in the gun trade. It eventually sunk in that I wasn't going away until the refund had been given.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

While your at M.A.G. have a look at their fine rifle and pistol collection on display.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk