Thread: What is a good pump for HW100 - Total Newbie question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you all for taking the time to reply. How many pumps will it take to fill the hw100 carbine air cylinder please ? Suppose there is no way of manually pumping the bottle then
    Last edited by silva; 30-09-2020 at 04:05 PM.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Thank you all for taking the time to reply. How many pumps will it take to fill the hw100 air cylinder please ?
    About enough to need a shower afterward.

Edit: I think my mate had an FAC Airwolf, a job with the power display and auto-power control. Not HW100. It was a while back I don't remember exactly what it was.

Last edited by Antoni; 30-09-2020 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Not HW
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. How many pumps will it take to fill the hw100 air cylinder please ? Suppose there is no way of manually pumping the cylinder then
    Depends how big the HW cylinder is and how much is in it already. For example, when I filled my HW110 with a Hill Mk4 pump it took over a hundred pumps. I split that into 40 at a time before having a rest! Needed it but then I am 70 & 10 stone wet through!
    Just bought a Nomad 2 which takes 3 minutes to fill a FX Wildcat from 150 to 210 but they ain't cheap. Still apparently we rich pensioners can afford them

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. How many pumps will it take to fill the hw100 carbine air cylinder please ? Suppose there is no way of manually pumping the bottle then
    Hi,

My HW101 is a carbine, to refill from 100bar to 190bar takes about 50 pumps.

If you go nice and steady and use proper technique you won't even get out of breath.

Cheers,

Mark.