I hadn't bought a dedicated airgun magazine for donkeys until about two years ago, when I felt the need to find out about all the fuss surrounding pcps.
The first, as it happens, was AGW. Enjoyed 'reading' it ever since [see caveat below], along with other periodicals, notably AG and Gunmart.
Consequently, off the back of AGW and other reviews I bought a 177 HW110. The ambi stock swung it. Being a southpaw there wasn't a lot of options with ambi sporter stocks. I'm very pleased with it on the whole, stupidly accurate and consistent at regular ranges but sadly very little soul or connection, unlike a springer or rammer.
I do enjoy shooting it, when I can extend the target range out 40+ yards, where the the potential for more variables come into play, which required a greater application of marksmanship skills to achieve the same consistency. At sub 35 yards I tend to speed shoot single shots at multiple targets, just to add a bit of a challenge.
I don't know if I'm alone in observing this, but one point I do find irritating about all magazines today is the practice of using colour pictures or backgrounds for editorial. Pictures should support the contents of the text, not obscure it or make it difficult to read.
Please stop doing it!
#justsaying