Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
All an open question of course and a matter of personel taste and preference but recently I've been thinking about this.
I've had PCP's in the past but only use springers nowadays and over the past 20 years or so, I've predominently used Simmons Pro Airs and Bushnell Legends, primarily the 5-15x40AO of which I currently have five on various air rifles although I still use two Pro Airs.

Moving on, I'm considering another mid-range scope very much in the manner of the Pro Air and the Legend but what will it be ?

Currently, I'm favouring the Vortex range in particular the Diamondback models.
Anyone recommend anything else ?

Should add, in terms of a budget then lets say £200.
I've been out today with my Diamondback 3-9x40.. & i have to say i think its the best value scope I've ever owned... It was perfect for my R10 and once re-paralaxed to 22-25 yrds totally hits the spot 8-35yrds. I had it on 4 & 3x mag today and got 8 birds in half an hour walking round the farmyard. I can't wait to try my night vision on it for a bit of ratting.
Great to be back on a simple .22 rig again

I think there are other scopes that are better & some the same but none with the warranty and performance at the price point. I'd say get a 2-7x35 if you can manage on that mag forget the parallax and do an end bell twizzle
What Springer is it for John?

Rhys