Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool

BRILL!! ANOTHER LBP HITS THE RANGES!!

So Airbrush wots the difference betwixt the two, is it a trigger job?

ATB

RR

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rimfire-rebel View Post
    BRILL!! ANOTHER LBP HITS THE RANGES!!

So Airbrush wots the difference betwixt the two, is it a trigger job?

ATB

RR
    Basically the plus just has all the go faster bits including the trigger, went for the standard as I prefer the look to the milled out slide.

Airbrush Guest
    Pick it up today & I must say first impressions are I'm very pleased with the build quality & it looks much better in real life.

Hopefully get to shoot it on tuesday evening.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Airbrush View Post
    Pick it up today & I must say first impressions are I'm very pleased with the build quality & it looks much better in real life.

I bet you cant wait!!! How about some picces I would love to see them

BTW... I am in the throes of building a Forum dedicated purely to LBPs. PM me for more details.

RR

JMOHO...

I would strip the mag and using fine emery dress the inside, especially where the detent is as it looks just about there is where you have your problem.

ATB

http://lbp-forum.boards.net/

RR

K22/ subs

Hi my k22 whisper came with 2 lots of springs. 1 black set of 2 on the pistol and 1 steel colour set of 2 in a bag. IF you want to use sub sonic ammo in the pistol do need to change them over as at the moment it will not cycle subs. Thanks Paul.

Nice

Yours should be a bit more ammo tolerant than mine as you've gone for the lightweight slide. Bang a micro red dot on there too and you're in buisness You know you want to......

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps54642276.jpg

Only mount that's readily available that isn't airsoft is the F.A.B. Usm rail (being F.A.B., it's cheap but heavier than it needs to be), which isn't a good fit. You'll have to either file the rails on the inside of the mount (the route I went), or whack the mount onto the frame rail which will reform the rail on the pistol.

This is due to the K22 rail being slightly out of spec and slightly larger than picatinny size.

Once mounted you can still use irons and the balance isn't too bad either. Plus it looks pretty sweet.

Get yourself some 13 or 19 round mags mate, better than the 10 rounders. They are getting hard to find unfortunately.

I'm experimenting with some stainless steel scouring pad (not brillo type but the coarser stuff that looks to be made up of flat twisted ribbon), packed into the moderator expansion chamber. As the actual bore itself won't come into contact with the packing there is no risk of bullet strike, and such material is commonly used in the U.S.. I'll post back once I've tested it out, as I'm hoping it could help moderator effectiveness by further slowing down the expanding gasses. As you probably know the whisper moderator doesn't have any baffles, so I'm theorizing that the packing will hopefully act in a similar manner to baffles. If it doesn't, it wouldn't cause any damage anyway and I'll just remove it if uneffective.

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps80361e7b.jpg
    Last edited by Hairydavey; 06-09-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairydavey View Post
    Nice

Yours should be a bit more ammo tolerant than mine as you've gone for the lightweight slide. Bang a micro red dot on there too and you're in buisness You know you want to......

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps54642276.jpg

Only mount that's readily available that isn't airsoft is the F.A.B. Usm rail (being F.A.B., it's cheap but heavier than it needs to be), which isn't a good fit. You'll have to either file the rails on the inside of the mount (the route I went), or whack the mount onto the frame rail which will reform the rail on the pistol.

This is due to the K22 rail being slightly out of spec and slightly larger than picatinny size.

Once mounted you can still use irons and the balance isn't too bad either. Plus it looks pretty sweet.

Get yourself some 13 or 19 round mags mate, better than the 10 rounders. They are getting hard to find unfortunately.

I'm experimenting with some stainless steel scouring pad (not brillo type but the coarser stuff that looks to be made up of flat twisted ribbon), packed into the moderator expansion chamber. As the actual bore itself won't come into contact with the packing there is no risk of bullet strike, and such material is commonly used in the U.S.. I'll post back once I've tested it out, as I'm hoping it could help moderator effectiveness by further slowing down the expanding gasses. As you probably know the whisper moderator doesn't have any baffles, so I'm theorizing that the packing will hopefully act in a similar manner to baffles. If it doesn't, it wouldn't cause any damage anyway and I'll just remove it if uneffective.

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps80361e7b.jpg
    The Whisper design has changed by the looks of it, mine just has the shroud & end cap, no inner or spring & it has 5 holes in each of the flutes which go out to 70mm from the muzzle.

The Whisper design has changed by the looks of it, mine just has the shroud & end cap, no inner or spring & it has 5 holes in each of the flutes which go out to 70mm from the muzzle.
    Any way you could post a pic? I'd love to see the difference.

I've tried it without the liner but it bleeds off too much gas, so the slide won't go back.

Airbrush Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairydavey View Post
    Any way you could post a pic? I'd love to see the difference.

I've tried it without the liner but it bleeds off too much gas, so the slide won't go back.
    I'll try & post one later.

Here.
    Last edited by Airbrush; 06-09-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Hi Stuart

Do the rounds strip cleanly from the mags, it seems odd that BOTH mags have developed the same problem at the same time, a close up piccie of an empty mag and the same one with rounds in it might help us,

I would be very wary how you approach cleaning the mag shoulder, they are plakkie and it wont take much to make them a few thou oversize and the round will just pop out!

That said the mags are under a year old and if it were me I would just get them both replaced!!

ATB

http://lbp-forum.boards.net/

RR

If i must.

Well with all the positive feedback that members are posting I feel that I must give the K22 a GO. Having had a slot on my cert for over a year I have today ordered The K22, X Trim, Plus,Whisper . I have been told it will be at my local RFD (the sportsman Exeter ) tomorrow. Here we go again like a big kid on xmas eve. I will let you know how I get on with it Thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin444 View Post
    Well with all the positive feedback that members are posting I feel that I must give the K22 a GO. Having had a slot on my cert for over a year I have today ordered The K22, X Trim, Plus,Whisper . I have been told it will be at my local RFD (the sportsman Exeter ) tomorrow. Here we go again like a big kid on xmas eve. I will let you know how I get on with it Thanks Paul.
    Hi my K22 arrived today as promised very impressed it handles all the standard velocity ammo that i have put through it. Then i tried the sub sonic Winchesters that i had. The pistol did not consistently cycle these rounds firing 1 or 2 then not blowing all the way back to load the next round. has anybody that has the whisper version found a sub sonic round that works ok thanks in advance Paul.

I shot the K22 again today.

Its only really one of the Mag's that seems to get stuck when you pull the spring down sometimes it doesn't go all the way back up, unless you give the Mag a tap .
    Looking at the design of the two different Mag's, the new one has a plastic button each side you grip to pull the spring down to load the rounds.
    The old one does not have these just a plastic loop to insert an Alan key or similar to pull the spring down to load the rounds.
    It feels like the plastic buttons are binding, catching itself on the new type Mag making it stick, If that is what is happening then I cant see how it can be fixed.
    £32.50 for a new Mag isn't cheap especially if it happens again.
    I wish they made the Mag's out of metal, perhaps they would be more durable then.

Below is a link to a photo of the new & old Mags
    The new mag on the left you can see the slide is stuck down about 1cm from the top.

http://s8.postimg.org/sk8oectb9/IMG_20150113_00102.jpg
    image sharing

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag Muppet View Post
    I shot the K22 again today.

Its only really one of the Mag's that seems to get stuck when you pull the spring down sometimes it doesn't go all the way back up, unless you give the Mag a tap .
    Looking at the design of the two different Mag's, the new one has a plastic button each side you grip to pull the spring down to load the rounds.
    The old one does not have these just a plastic loop to insert an Alan key or similar to pull the spring down to load the rounds.
    It feels like the plastic buttons are binding, catching itself on the new type Mag making it stick, If that is what is happening then I cant see how it can be fixed.
    £32.50 for a new Mag isn't cheap especially if it happens again.
    I wish they made the Mag's out of metal, perhaps they would be more durable then.

Below is a link to a photo of the new & old Mags
    The new mag on the left you can see the slide is stuck down about 1cm from the top.

http://s8.postimg.org/sk8oectb9/IMG_20150113_00102.jpg
    image sharing

It's easy enough to strip the mag and maybe de-burr it a little. Just knock out the base retaining pin. Worth a try?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL