Thread: MTC Viper Connect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by tapps View Post
    which mount's do you use,i'm interested in getting one of these on my .177 hw100tk.thank's.
    somebody posted this on here some time back

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/u...8/DSC00304.jpg

I have 2 mounts, one a 1 piece that has been trimmed down on the rear clamp and another which is a 2 piece but one mount has been milled to 8mm thickness.
    Currently the two piece is fitted to my Cutlas with connect scope and the one piece scope fitted to my Verminator with connect scope. Have also drilled and tapped the one mount so my N1000 will screw into the side. Will sort out some pics soon, as it is better to see then read.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    somebody posted this on here some time back

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/u...8/DSC00304.jpg
    that was a cheap 100mm mount i got off the bay(may of been from JSRamsbottom) which i cut and filed to fit i've now got a 120mm which gives a better fit
    Last edited by fullbandit; 08-02-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: wrong sizes
    Cheers Lloyd

How does the minimal eye relief affect changing from sitting/kneeling to prone positiion. Is it a neck strain?
    Also how much of the SCB reticle lights up? I would be more interested in having some mildots visible in case they are needed.

I've just fitted one on a new Mk2 Rapid and it lines up quite well. I didn't get on with my first Viper Connect and sold it to a friend, who uses it to good effect in HFT mounted on an Airwolf Tactical. I bought the current one to fit on a Mk2 Verminator but couldn't get it mounted to my satisfaction. They don't seem to have caught on at my HFT club yet.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

having just bought one.i was wondering why no rear lens cover?,no mounts.does anyone now where i can get some low mounts to fit this scope onto my s400k.i have medium mounts at the moment but the s400 rail is so high i can not take advantage of the scope being so small and therefore mount it as low as possible.very pleased with the scope,shot a 99 on my lsr straight away and tested the scope outside from 8yards to 45 yards to simulate hft and it is better than my mamba lite i was using

Quote Originally Posted by ZaksGod View Post
    having just bought one.i was wondering why no rear lens cover?,no mounts.does anyone now where i can get some low mounts to fit this scope onto my s400k.i have medium mounts at the moment but the s400 rail is so high i can not take advantage of the scope being so small and therefore mount it as low as possible.very pleased with the scope,shot a 99 on my lsr straight away and tested the scope outside from 8yards to 45 yards to simulate hft and it is better than my mamba lite i was using
    just use any make 30mm low mounts put together at front of scope wont hurt the scope as there is no specific mount made for the connect though sportsmatch were looking at doing one
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Mounting the Connect

I have used a Sports Match reach forward mount with one of the two clamps cut in half (one bolt each side rather than two) - gives a nice low scope height and allows the scope to be fitted to rifles which have the breech opening where the two standard mounts would be on the objective lens end. (mine is on an EV2)

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...p-mount-44mm--[op44]-reach-forward.html
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf 1968 View Post
    just use any make 30mm low mounts put together at front of scope wont hurt the scope as there is no specific mount made for the connect though sportsmatch were looking at doing one
    POD on here does a specific mount matey

Quote Originally Posted by fullbandit View Post
    that was a cheap 100mm mount i got off the bay(may of been from JSRamsbottom) which i cut and filed to fit i've now got a 120mm which gives a better fit
    Am I right in thinking that the 120mm one was originally 2x double screw mounts and you've cut away half of the rear one?
    Got my connect coming tomorrow can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by squowse View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the 120mm one was originally 2x double screw mounts and you've cut away half of the rear one?
    Got my connect coming tomorrow can't wait.
    thats correct hacksaw and file are your friends
    Cheers Lloyd

MTC Viper Connect on Air Arms S410

Couldn't find any photos of how it would sit on an S410 so here is one http://i.imgur.com/5y39p.jpg
    The scope objective is right over the magazine, clearance is 5.7mm. The "A" dim of these mounts is 24mm. see here http://i.imgur.com/bt60d.jpg
    I want the scope as low as possible for good cheek fit, I make it that the minimum "A" dim is 18.3mm.
    Sportsmatch 30mm high mounts are 21mm so will probably try those. Although thinking about it it's only 3mm different!
    Does anyone know of a 30mm mount with a 19mm "A" dimension?
    I am considering a 120mm one piece mount but concerned it will only have about 50mm bite onto the rifle.

By the way fullbandit is that your normal position for the scope on the rifle? It looks about 2 inches further forward than mine! Do you lean your head forward as far as you are aware?
    Last edited by squowse; 14-04-2012 at 06:09 PM.

By the way fullbandit is that your normal position for the scope on the rifle? It looks about 2 inches further forward than mine! Do you lean your heads forward as far as you are aware?
    Photos can give a false perspective, but looking at trigger pos'n, hardly any different.

Does anyone know of a 30mm mount with a 19mm "A" dimension?

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...npm3038eh.html

From our sponsers, says 19mm, I use a higher version of these on my Taipan with weaver mounts, a bit different to get used to when fitting, but work well.

Yes I've just ordered some. It will be tight over the mag but will hopefully just work.
    I was looking at the trigger position to compare like with like amd it looked very different. I will have another look.

EDIT: well on his HW100 it looks like the gap between the two turrets is over the trigger (especially in the first photo), on mine the gap between the two turrets is about 2 inches behind the trigger.
    Last edited by squowse; 13-04-2012 at 08:00 AM.