Thread: new

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Er, yes, sorry, meant to include on previous post...and I don't want to seem like a boring, patronising type, BUT.

If you're new to it, whatever rifle you get, please don't be getting straight out there shooting wild creatures....

You need to put the time in......Learn to shoot the rifle PROPERLY. Your maximum hunting range is the range at which you can CONSISTENTLY land all shots within a half inch circle....For some people, that can be TEN yards!!
    Test a selection of pellets. Once you have chosen the most accurate one in YOUR gun, stick with it. Practice at all ranges, up to your maximum. Take note of the trajectory. Learn the effects of wind drift. Learn where pellets strike if aiming up or down.

Study fieldcraft and study your intended quarry.

Effective hunting with an air rifle takes time. Time and practice. It takes years of experience. At least nowadays, you have the magazines and the Internet to learn from....and especially the BBS.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Er, yes, sorry, meant to include on previous post...and I don't want to seem like a boring, patronising type, BUT.

If you're new to it, whatever rifle you get, please don't be getting straight out there shooting wild creatures....

You need to put the time in......Learn to shoot the rifle PROPERLY. Your maximum hunting range is the range at which you can CONSISTENTLY land all shots within a half inch circle....For some people, that can be TEN yards!!
    Test a selection of pellets. Once you have chosen the most accurate one in YOUR gun, stick with it. Practice at all ranges, up to your maximum. Take note of the trajectory. Learn the effects of wind drift. Learn where pellets strike if aiming up or down.

Study fieldcraft and study your intended quarry.

Effective hunting with an air rifle takes time. Time and practice. It takes years of experience. At least nowadays, you have the magazines and the Internet to learn from....and especially the BBS.
    I know practise practise practise
    cheers

Hi bud.
    also 5 8. 13 and half a stone. brung up on lee enfield 303 and 762s.
    came to airguns and went straight to BSA superstar as it was almost the same weight.
    stayed off light ones as i remember my kiddie ones. the paratrooper etc.
    then got into pre charged and TACs. loved em. easy to carry.
    now looking into co2. SMK have a couple of full blown hunters. i am also into homebrew so always have capsules to hand.
    how will it fit your hand. i have fat fingers. an AA400 seems small to me. but it works for me.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.