Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
While working in Indy, I saw a boxed Webley Premier in a Pawn shop (Dock Bros)......I declared it as a firearm on check in when roating back home, and the Homeland guys came to look ...."Hell boy, that's just a BB gun" one said.....The other asked me how it worked, picked it up and felt the weight / had a look and said (paraphrased) "sure is a nicely made thing, better than anything I have ever seen for an air gun".

I got a G+P sticker for the case (Give protection / firearm or similar) and off it went.

At Heathrow, everybody was away to their cars while I waited at the carosel for my case which did not arrive.........then the tannoy said "would Mr X make himself known to customs please"

I went over and two guys were there behind a counter, one with a ream of papers.

"we are given to understand you are importing a fiream sir, can you open the case and stand back please"

Case opened, Webley box removed from rolled up clothes.

"Oh it's just a bleedin' air pistol says one"

Other one "How powerfull is it, and do you have a certificate etc." (this had me worried)

First (older) one.."don't be daft, this would not hurt you at 30 feet, I had a few of these as a youngster......It's in very good condition, how old is it?"

And that was that!......maybe I was lucky in who I dealt with on both sides of the pond, but was painless and a bit of banter for me at least

ATB, Ed
How long ago?