Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
Interestingly I have just ordered 3.5kg N160 through someone at our club, as far as I can tell the RFD he uses doesn't really do it for the profit just to help other shooters out. Since the 3.5 kg I bought in October his prices have gone up but only by 4% compared to the 15% plus that more mainstream dealers have put their prices up it seems.

It seems the weak pound is potentially being used as an excuse to put a blanket increase on things well above the actual costs.
Speaking with Norman Clarke when collecting a rifle he told me that the transportation of bullets and powders has been under some scrutiny and the outcome being that RFD's will now only be able to buy in tubs of powder in 1kg max tubs from now. It went onto to that for certain deleiveries the courier had to go directly from the depot to the RFD in a single trip and then return to the depot for the next delivery. They are not allowed to make multiple drops on a delivery. In some instances the route has to be a planned route and requiring 2 persons from the courier for the journey. I think this related to expanding ammo, but sure an informed RFD on here will expand. all this is hiking up the cost of the courier services which are holding our RFD's to ransom and pushing up the prices we ultimately pay.