Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
Having decided to refinish the scratched and dented stocks to a 45 Jubilee and a 50T01 at the same time it became necessary to remove the plastic stock bushings from both to ensure no damage to them from the solvents.
Now, I've always been curious as to why there appears to be two different type of bushes on these models. One larger than the other. And in this instance the 45J has what I would term standard bushes, but the 50T01 were smaller. I simply assumed they were different sizes. Until last night.
On taking apart the 50 stock I can see that for some reason Diana have actually drilled these with the wider shoulder "inside" the stock rather than from outside as I've mostly seen. This means by and large the stock bushes on both guns are basically the same but are driven into the stock from outside (in the case of the 45) and from inside in the case of the 50. Perhaps, unless you are familiar with the concept of Diana's cross pin arrangement none of this will make sense!
But I'm really confused how Diana went about setting up the manufacturing and machining of this arrangement in the stock of the 50 since it's far easier achieved with the wide shoulder section being on the outside not inside! In fact I have a sneaky feeling that the early guns had stocks with the bushings inserted from inside the stock and only then someone had the brainwave that the same arrangement could be achieved by reversing the wide shoulder and placing it on the outside.
Have any other collectors of older Dianas noticed this quirk?
Dave

I have both guns and have had both apart but it was so long ago, I don't recall any difference!!

Looking at both pics now, The 45 bushes do look larger than the 50!!

The panel inserts and badge were missing off the Jubilee 45 when I bought it off here so i made walnut panels and glued them in!!

John