Thread: Your top ten air pistols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I can’t believe that no one has mentioned Falcon or EB20?!? (Unless I’m being blind???). Two great pistols. I was rather taken with the SW586. It was a hand-me-down and I thought it would be a ‘toy’ when I took it on - but it ain’t. The Twinmaster Sport is a good entry level target shooter, without breaking the bank. I rather fancy a HW45 and a Alfa Proj next...and yes, air pistols are great collector pieces without getting busted by her-in-doors lol
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    I can’t believe that no one has mentioned Falcon or EB20?!? (Unless I’m being blind???). Two great pistols. I was rather taken with the SW586. It was a hand-me-down and I thought it would be a ‘toy’ when I took it on - but it ain’t. The Twinmaster Sport is a good entry level target shooter, without breaking the bank. I rather fancy a HW45 and a Alfa Proj next...and yes, air pistols are great collector pieces without getting busted by her-in-doors lol
    You are correct, I have tried a Benjamin EB20; very nice with the compact appearance of a Webley Senior, with the convenience of a CO2 bolt action Crosman, but with a nicer trigger (which is not difficult ).
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Not trying to do a top ten, because it's too hard, but:

You have to have a classic Webley. Because: reasons. For me, toss-up between a nice Senior and an early Premier or something like an early straight-grip target.

Generic 'sporting" springers: BSA Scorpion. Diana model 5/LP5. Diana LP5M. HW45. Near miss: Competa Indian.

CO2 single shots: almost any (the Crosman/Benji/Sheridan guns are all a bit the same and share the same poor grip/trigger/sights issues).

CO2 non-replicas: Crosman 600. And those Drulov "semi auto" things.

CO2 replicas: CP88. And 5/686.

SSP non-match: HW40. Honourable mentions: Nemesis, HW75.

SSP match: FAS604. Honourable mentions: Air Match, Baikal 64, Daisy 717/747/787.

Match springers: FWB 65, 80. Diana 10. Honourable mention: Diana 6/6G/6M.

PCP: no idea, don't do that. Harper Wolf? Daystate?

Junk: all IGI Gun Toys (RO71,72, etc). G10. Gats. Etc.

I picked up a Webley nemesis the other day (GB made!) and after a clean up and lube, it’s running rather nicely. Not the most powerful air pistol out there, but a real joy to shoot!
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'