Thread: Schofields

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I picked up a Schofield today, the steel grey bb one with white grips and what a beautiful gun it is.I found the action with shells in the cylinder a little stiff on cocking as a couple,but not all of the shell rims would bind slightly on the synthetic valve port face,a little pelgunoil smeared on this part freed things up plus a little judicious oiling elsewhere also helped.The action is now slick,quick and smooth!

The Schofield with Umarex bb's is accurate and at half a dozen yards shoots to point of aim and groups well.The sights provide a very good sight picture,clearer than the Colt or Remington's sight pictures.

Whilst in the shop I was seduced by the stunning beauty of a 7.5" barrelled pellet Umarex Colt SAA.The blued finish very much mimicking nitre blued steel and with ivory grips the gun is exquisite,indeed,so it came home with me,too!

A couple of very enjoyable hours have just been spent in the garage shooting paper groups and peppering steel soup cans something the bb shooters excel at!

The 7.5" SAA seems to have a bit more power than the 5.5" barrelled ones as one would expect from a longer barrel on a Co2 pistol,which was welcome.

Happy days,I wonder what will appear next from days of yore in a Co2 replica........
    Last edited by mrto; 19-12-2017 at 04:42 PM.