Thread: Burris Timberline 4.5-14x w/ Ballistic Plex reticle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott in CO View Post
    Hi Sam,

The only other burris I have experience with is the big 8-32R/A I used to use for FT. I found that scope to be maybe a touch better than the 4200's that I had seen at the time... I did have a quick look through that 4-12 R/A in the shop, and I was not particulalry impressed. The eye relief on the timberline is LONG, but I don't find it to be 'critical'... No more or less critical or finicky than my luepolds or my bushnells... You just have to mount it a bit farther forward than you might be used to. Other than that, I have not had any troubles with the eye relief...

Hope that helps,

Scott in CO
    Cheers Scott,
    might I ask what rifle you've got the Timberline on? I'm wondering if the long eye relief may be an issue on rifles with short or split (by a magazine) mounting rails. (Edit: my apologies, just read the original post again and notice it's on a Cyclone.)
    Can you elaborate on why you were less than impressed by the 4-12 R/A? Was it purely in respect of the price differential compared to the Timberline or was there some percieved defficiency?

Another edit: barring the slight difference in mag and target turrets I'm struggling to see much difference in specs between the R/A and Timberline models, they certainly have the same eye relief specs. Looks like I might have to save a bob or two and give the Timberline a whizz, if I can find one.
    Last edited by Sam Vimes; 18-09-2008 at 03:29 PM.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!