Thread: Chrony PC Interface Cable project.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stot View Post
    Problem is the Chrony doesnt go straight into ready mode when you attach a cable or change com settings. You need to wait until the -[]- is there sometimes. Its a pain but i cant even send a wake up command until its actually at -[]-.

Perhaps it would help if I made the status button stay disabled until ive successfully pinged the chrony.

Yes does sound like it could be. Also the Chrony misbehaves when its not in good light or under flourecents for example, even when you are trying to connect to it and send it commands.

Did you send the commands to get the status string or was it the shots that were registering ok in HT? The actual shot recording works

The Chrony Status bit is experimental at the moment as I only have an F-1 and cant test it with anything else yet.

Cheers
    Stot
    Yes it sounds like it's the status string. Only thing was it started misbehaving after it had been connected for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes the chrony would register a shot (showing velocity on its LCD) but no response from the software. Other times the program would register it. I couldn't detect a pattern to this, only that for the half dozen shots I tried over hyperterm there were no glitches.

I'd just like to say the cable is a cracking piece of hardware that now lives in my Chrony when folded. The software also shows every sign of being a superb piece of kit. Keep up the good work!

Next on my wish list is a wireless sender so you can sit on the range line next to your lappy while the chrony sits anywhere you like downrange and sends its readings straight to the PC.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Gloucester or Cemaes or somewhere in between
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Yes it sounds like it's the status string. Only thing was it started misbehaving after it had been connected for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes the chrony would register a shot (showing velocity on its LCD) but no response from the software. Other times the program would register it. I couldn't detect a pattern to this, only that for the half dozen shots I tried over hyperterm there were no glitches.

I'd just like to say the cable is a cracking piece of hardware that now lives in my Chrony when folded. The software also shows every sign of being a superb piece of kit. Keep up the good work!

Next on my wish list is a wireless sender so you can sit on the range line next to your lappy while the chrony sits anywhere you like downrange and sends its readings straight to the PC.
    A pair of these would sort a wireless link very simply
    Weapon of choice: A 600mm Canon. Author of the Pellet Photobase. Twitter me or Burp the Frog
    "It's not what you feel that matters, it's who you touch"

Thumbs up

WHOO!!!! I have been playing with the cable/software and chrony this morning in the garden and all i can say is WOW!!! i am running VISTA plugged it in and it worked flawlessly straight away!! have got it rigged up to a usb extension cable with a repeater on it and then into my PC and onto a 50" plasma!! looks wicked with just the power up on full screen, can look through the window as i fire and see what power and fps it's doing saving the data to the PC is a doddle as well and then exporting it into excel is easy peasy as well!! best money i have spent on the chrony since i bought the printer for it which this now makes redundant!! am going to be on the lookout for a laptop/net-book now so i can take it over to my shoot and play till my hearts content

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY PUT YOUR NAME DOWN FOR ONE, DO SO NOW!!!! THEY ARE A BRILLIANT BIT OF KIT

thanks

guy

Thanks Guy, glad youre liking it.

I just tested it with a REAL Combro MK4 I just got, working lovely. The Combro stuff was all done with text files, virtual ports and a little help from Robin..

Cheers
    Stot
    Guns: SLR98 - Phoenix - Ultra - HW45 - P800
    Chronographing: www.chronoconnect.com