Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
If you are only to get one model 150, then look for a Ted Williams version. Much nicer and usually better made than the standard model. The one early pneumatic pistol that I suggest is the first Crosman model 105/106. These are all brass and take the same seals as the rifles so parts are easy to find. There is no better pneumatic pistol ever made than the early Crosman. A bit hard to find these days but well worth looking into.

I like the 250 series. Never cared for the latter 262.
Hi,

Thanks for the valuable advice relating to early Crosman and Benjamin pneumatic pistols. My general perception from reading UK reference material was that the Benjamin pneumatics were considered slightly better here than the Crosmans, having tighter linkages etc, but that the semi-auto 422 was a poor attempt to match the Crosman 600.

As I intend shooting rather than collecting these pistols, I went for Co2 to avoid the added effort to pump-up the pistol between shots.

They still had to have a bit of age though, so the Crosman 600 and a standard 150 fitted the bill perfectly. I bought the Benajmin 260 for direct comparison with 150 and like yourself, would prefer the 150 if I had to choose.

I just couldn't resist also adding a nice little boxed Benjamin 250, which has surprised me with both the power and accuracy obtainable from such a compact design.

Regards

Brian