Thread: Airguns seized at shows

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Still it's fine to sell bayonets and swords.
    Which have no purpose other than to dispose of other human beings.
    Well let's not take half measures here, we may as well include kitchen knives, firewood axes, carpenter's chisels, and the dozens of other inanimate objects that have regularly been used to harm people for longer than anyone can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by mel h View Post
    Well let's not take half measures here, we may as well include kitchen knives, firewood axes, carpenter's chisels, and the dozens of other inanimate objects that have regularly been used to harm people for longer than anyone can remember.
    It wasn't that many years ago that a lively negotiation I had at Nottingham arms fair over a job lot of webley pistols was finalized when the trader sweetened the deal with a brass knuckleduster with questionable WW1 provenance and I think it was the same day that someone stabbed themselves with a spike bayonet in the leg much to the St John's delight. Happy days...
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Ok gentlemen

Although I am very grateful to 'Splosh' for mentioning the problem that occurred at Malvern recently, I now need to clarify the LEGAL situation regarding traders and private sellers of air guns.

As far as Surrey Police are concerned, anyone buying or selling guns as a way of 'TRADE OR BUSINESS' must be a Registered Firearms Dealer. RFD's that trade away from their home location have to apply for 'ADDITIONAL PLACE OF BUSINESS' permission from the area Police Force for that event and several have already applied and received their permits.

PRIVATE COLLECTORS can legally sell or swap guns from their own personal collection at GUN FAIRS.

Both RFD and Private Collectors will have tables along with Militaria Collectors at KEMPTON PARK on SUNDAY 25TH JUNE 2017.

I have been in regular contact with Surrey Police and have been given permission to proceed on this basis and have also been advised that a Test Range could also be set up. However, that won't be happening......

I am investing a lot of time, money and effort to put this event on and need bad publicity like a hole in the head. Our sport and collecting fairs are diminishing annually. I hope to receive positive support from the members on here and who knows, we may get to keep Airgunning alive in the future.