Thread: Original 50T01

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Well that's a longer run that I had thought? I wonder how many units they shifted back then? Especially considering the 45 in all its variations sold far better?
    I find it surprising that the T01 soldiered on until '87, somehow. But then 1987 was the final year of many of the older leather washered Diana's which had effectively been replaced by the 24/34 and 48/52 series by then.
    There is a T01 for sale up here (Scotland) but it's not the best example. Tempting all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I find it surprising that the T01 soldiered on until '87, somehow. But then 1987 was the final year of many of the older leather washered Diana's which had effectively been replaced by the 24/34 and 48/52 series by then.
    There is a T01 for sale up here (Scotland) but it's not the best example. Tempting all the same.
    So what was the last leather washered Diana I wonder? And I wonder in a wider sense what was the last airgun full stop that was leather washered?
    This 50 seems much better with synthetic piston head. I also don't think that the tap loader could soldier on with other more efficient methods of direct loading of ammo.
    That said it was great fun getting out and using an extinct method of loading up an airgun but with some modern performance thrown in
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    So what was the last leather washered Diana I wonder? And I wonder in a wider sense what was the last airgun full stop that was leather washered?
    This 50 seems much better with synthetic piston head. I also don't think that the tap loader could soldier on with other more efficient methods of direct loading of ammo.
    That said it was great fun getting out and using an extinct method of loading up an airgun but with some modern performance thrown in
    Dave
    Evening, Dave. I believe it must have been the Original 45 which soldiered on until 1988.
    As for late leather washer guns, I believe there were some Noricas, FB Record pistols running them later than this. I'm not sure if the Anschutz 335 ever went synthetic.
    To be honest, my BSA Airsporter is not a good advert for tap loaders but my pair of 50s are very good. My priority is accuracy over power and I cannot fault them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    One of my books says 1987. But that may be the last point at which the author saw them for sale. Opening the possibility that production ended a bit earlier. It would be interesting to hear from owners what the date stamps on their ones are.

I can't imagine why anyone would have bought one once the HW77 came out. On the other hand, stuff like the Webley sidelevers soldiered on into the late 90s: you could still buy a "new" (maybe slightly old stock?) Tracker in March 2000.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2014/...ana-45-part-1/

I was surprised by this. Many of the old leather washered models were discontinued in 1987 it seems but the 45 had another year to run.