Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
Oh yes there is when a bid lands close to the cut off time. A little more time is allowed for a response bid and this carries on until someone gives up. It's only at most another 60 seconds for each extention but there can be several of them. I don't know if there is a limit to how many times this can happen but it certainly does happen - been there and done that and this is why I switched to limit bidding. I don't know if other bidders can join in during the extention or if it is only the protagonists. Because of this a sniper cannot beat a limit bid unless he bids more than the limit.
Well I have been on there for 15 years, have a combined feedback over several accounts (for different interests, tend to keep them seperate) of near 3000 at 100% positive, and I have never in all my dealings heard or seen this

The auctions end at the end listing time stated and that's it in my experience.........and as I posted earlier if bidding and able to be at the end, I will decide a maximum I want to spend, then bid with 3-5 seconds to go to allow for lag, have regularly won / lost with bids showing 1 or 2 seconds left, and in 1000's of deals have never seen this "extension" thing

When I started I used to think....."Ohh....It only sold for £30.....wish I had bid more than £29!........not knowing the winner may have actually have bid £500 and been lucky

Like T.S. I have had items skyrocket at the end, not as much but once an old Lewis Leathers jacket of the missus we got for £10 at a car boot went from £18 to £280 in the last 10 seconds.......Winner was in Japan where they like to dress up as 1960's rockers for some reason.

ATB, Ed