Thread: PP700W pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by forbs View Post
    Hi mate, I'v very impressed with the quality and accuracy of mine, they are both .22 and bought the last of his stock..

I did mention i may want a .177 model and they said no problem. i have not heard of any accuracy issues with the .177 so i say go for it. if you buy one at the right price you are more then likely going too get your money back...

give it 12 months and there will be a huge market for options on these like the crossman pistols

Dave
    Get to bullpup mad forum Dave som creations going on at min with them not seen. At range for a while you still pop down

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    Get to bullpup mad forum Dave som creations going on at min with them not seen. At range for a while you still pop down
    Hi mate...

I'm going to start going back to the range... been claying and pest control a lot lately so not been in the club.

I will nip over to bullpup and have a butchers

Dave

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?

Power adjustments

I spent a little while fettling the trigger as shown in other threads- quite straightforward and effective.

Next I chrono'd it. Oh dear!

It was either very ott or ok- but very inconsistent. I started off by reducing the preload on the hammer spring. This didn't help too much, reduced the power but the inconsistency was terrible, 5.4 to 6.9 ft.lbs from one pellet to the next and so on!

Anyway- long story short, I gave the pistol a long coat of looking at The rotating breech block has an allen headed grub screw in the top, turns out this is an adjuster for the transfer port (a throttle if you will) Out of the box this is set flush with the top of the breech, looks neat but is totally non functional. If you swing out the breech block and start screwing in the adjuster it will take at least 4 turns until you can see it in the transfer port. At this point it starts to work.

After checking and adjusting I can now set the power wherever I want (legal of course!) but what is better it is now amazingly consistent, 3-4 fps between shots. I'm no expert, but does the regulator need a bit of back pressure to work properly?

Hope this helps anyone having the same problems!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

thanks for the tip mine was same , if i screw the hamer screw flush, so it produces 12 ftlbs can i reduce the power to 6 ftlbs by just screwing in the breech block screw.

You may- but cocking will be difficult and so will trigger pull. I've left that adjustment pretty much as it was out of the box.

thanks ill do the same. by the way how many shots are you geting with the breech block screw srcewed in. ive screwed mine in about three quaters way in.

To be honest I've focused more on getting the pistol to shoot how I want it so I haven't bothered counting shots. My gut feeling is it's pretty good, but to me that's not too important. I would rather have 40 consistent shots than 60 inconsistent shots!

To anyone reading this and thinking this pistol is poor then trust me- it isn't. It's probably the most accurate and nice to shoot full power pistol I have owned (and I've had and moved on a few!)